Chapter 14: Death and Mistakes

Alpha Eric POV:

There's something wrong with me. I don't know why I'm doing all this. I'm not even going to try to blame this on anything but myself. What the hell is wrong with me, how could I do all this? To her, to my mate. I'm sitting in the waiting room, but I don't deserve to be here. All I do is make promises that I go against. I committed myself to protecting her, but I hurt her. Damon, fucking Damon, protected her and I'm indebted to him. I got so jealous seeing them holding hands.

Why wouldn't she want him though? He wasn't behind her abuse, he wasn't the one who lied to her and didn't save her. He's not the one who always drives her to the point of death.

Rose, my mate, my beautiful mate. What have I done? I've done everything, but nothing.

The doctor walks out, his face unreadable, and is quick to state her condition when he sees the pain and fury on my face. "She's going to be alright. She did die momentarily due to the tremendous amount of force that she went through in her current weak state, but we were able to revive her. For her safety, Alpha, we will have to ask her to stay here for the next week as she recovers."

I give a slow nod, knowing that I have no choice. She is not safe with me. She died! She almost died! I hate myself, and something cold grips me as my wolf howls inside, in pain.  

The doctor takes a deep breath. "Please remain calm Alpha. She is now awake, but she has requested that she has no visitors."

My heart breaks more as my wolf and I whimper in unison, but I understand. She hates me, and she always will. I don't deserve her as a mate.

All I can do is turn around, and walk back home.

Rose POV

"He has left now," the doctor tells me as he smiles at me. I nod, siletnly thanking him.

One week, and I'll be strong enough to leave. How am I going to get so strong so quickly? My death... was interesting. 

I met someone.