Chapter 17: Finding Rose

Alpha Eric POV

I could feel Damon staring at me as he enters. I can't even feel rage that she likes him more. I just feel so exhausted and angry at myself.

For the first time since I was a child, I cry. I cry so hard that my shoulders shake, every drop of sound from my body as if they come from my very soul. This person is worth it all though. It's Rose. I have done her so much wrong, and I deserve to shed tears for every wrong that I've done to her.

I can sense Damon come and sit down beside me on the hospital floor.

"I told you, didn't I?"

"Do you really have to do this now?" I whimper at him.

He nods and continues, "Yes. This is the perfect time. I told you to take care of her, but you never did. Even after you found out that she was your mate. I know you aren't taking her for granted, but I don't know what you are doing. I know I shouldn't say this right now, but even if she wasn't my mate, Rose is so beautiful and amazing that I would love her either way. Even though she was your mate, you just never did. I can't help but not respect you anymore."

My heart is literally breaking, and I howl again as I jump out the window. Tiny shards of glass enter my fur as I shift, and run into the forest. My alpha power courses and pulses in my every cell as I run as fast as I can. I can hear Damon yelling at me, but at this point it doesn't even matter.

I want to punish myself, and this is the only way how because there is still hope. I can track her.

Rose, I'm coming for you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how long I have to wait.

I will get your forgiveness. You will take back your rejection.