Chapter 26: He's Mine

Recap: 

Once again, I was wrong. He'll always want her. Breathing hard, I start to panic, as the world becomes fuzzy and my sight gets blinded by all the tears.

All I see is a wolf running towards me, as I close my eyes, giving up momentarily.

Being cheated on, even if it was just a kiss, is one of the worst feelings in the whole world. 

Cole's POV

Cole's POV

Sighing, I stare at my sleeping mate as I sit beside her in the hospital room. I hope she gave me a chance to explain. She suddenly brought some hope into my world, my dark, lonely world. She's the only person who will bring joy into my life, and I want to treat her like a queen. 

She deserves to be. 

"Rose, I'm sorry. I never wanted to kiss her, I would never want to kiss anyone but you. I would never hurt us by cheating. She took me by surprise, and as an Alpha I have to listen to the grievances of my pack members. When she said she had something important that she could only tell me, while I was cautious, I had no choice but to listen. For her safety, the safety of the pack... and of you. I didn't expect her to do that, and I broke away immediately. She will be punished. I put a law that states that no one can come between any mates for a reason, to avoid problems. I don't want to fight with you, I don't want you to be mad at me. All I want is for you to be happy, for us to be happy together!"

Feeling a tear roll down my face, I shudder at the thought of a future without her. She's the only one who can get me to show my emotions like this. She means so much to me.

I suddenly feel a gentle hand wiping away my tear, and as I look up all I see is her smiling face as she nods. She's forgiving me?! She forgave me! She's okay! Grabbing her face, I can't help but press kisses all over her face and place a lingering kiss on her forehead as she giggles. 

Rose's POV

Staring into Cole's eyes, I give him a mischievous smile before wrapping my arms around him, and kissing him. Everything fades away. All that matters at that moment is me and him. My arms around him, his arms holding me. I've never felt so close to anyone. All his emotions, all my emotions seem to fill the room. 

I am undeniably his. He's mine. 

His lips slowly move against as mine, as he caresses my face. Just as the kiss gets deeper, a cough startles us. 

Flustered, I try to leap away, while he lets out a growl at the doctor, glaring at the person who interrupted us. 

The doctor nods at the heart monitor, "I am really sorry, Alpha, but I had to come check as her heart monitor was going too fast. I now realise I was worried for nothing, but she can be discharged now, she's quite alright. I'll leave you two to it!" Bowing, the doctor exits the room, before sending me a quick wink making me blush as I look at Cole. 

"Shall we get back to that?" Cole's grin seems to light up my insides, and I shake my head at him, flustered. Winking, he sighs, as he lifts me gently  in his arms. "Some other time, then! I have patience, lots of patience when it comes to you, my sweet Rose." 

As he walks to his office, I bury my face into his shoulder as the pack members stare. Sitting down at his chair, he starts to work and I stare out the window, bored. Looking out, I see something that catches my eye. 

Drew and the other pack members are fighting and training. I want to do that. So badly. I have to if my wolf will be extremely strong in a couple months. If I'm going to be Luna, I need to be worthy of protecting and leading the pack. 

Staring at Cole, I tap his face, pointing towards a note I had written quickly. 

"I want to train. I want to be strong." 

Pulling me into a hug, his lips gently press against my neck. Looking into my eyes, my heart completely melts. "Whatever you want to do, I will support you. That's what I want to do for you. You are undeniably strong already, but if you want to train, I will train you myself. I want to help you. You can do anything you put your mind to. I believe in you." 

I can't help the tears that fall from my eyes, no one has ever believed in me and no one has ever supported me as much as Cole has. I am so lucky to have met him, to have him as my mate. This is the guy who I was made for, who was made for me. I couldn't be happier in this moment. As he wipes my tears away, and gives my cheek a quick peck, I tilt my head, looking at him. 

After so many months, I finally decided to trust someone. 

"Cole."