At least we're trying

We're both shit with emotions but we're trying to make things work

Tags: OT3 Carmilla/Laura/Danny

"Carmilla, is that my camera?" Uh oh.

Carmilla tries to get up from the bed, but Big Red is straddling her before she can act, and not for the reason she would prefer. To her right Laura is staring at her with narrow eyes. Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

"No, it's not," the vampire responds. Laura gets up from the bed and picks up the camera in question, examining it.

"It says property of Danny Lawrence on it." The red-head glares down at her.

Dammit.

"Really? I never noticed..." She knows she's been caught, but it never hurt to play stupid. Bonus if it makes Danny mad.

"Cut the crap, blood pack. You know you stole that from me."

"Yeah, well then you should have done a better job protecting it."

"I'm better at protecting than you are."

"Oh really, is that why the cupcake ditched you for me?"

"Yes, actually!"

"I saved her life!"

"Because you put her in danger in the first place!"

"Don't test me, Clifford," Carmilla growls low.

Danny leans down a little closer and snarls "kitty!"

"Mutt!" Carmilla shoots back as she props her self up on one elbow and glares at her.

"Fangs!"

"Muzzle mouth!"

"Elvira!"

"Xena!"

"Enough!" Laura shouts. They had both forgotten the angry blonde standing only four feet away holding Danny's stolen camera. Danny and Carmilla immediately soften at the sight of the fuming cupcake, but their apologetic looks have no effect.

"I will not deal with you two fighting and calling each other ridiculous nicknames three days away from valentines day!" Laura shakes her head in disbelief and points at the two with the camera in her hand, "fix it."

With that, she tosses the camera on the bed with them and storms out. The door slams behind her and it's like a slap in the face for both of them.

"So..." Carmilla breaks the long silence their anger was festering in. It's not every day that the cream puff storms out on them, and both of their hearts are aching because of it.

"Why? Why'd you steal from me?" Danny, still straddling Carmilla's hips, sits back on the vampire's legs. She thinks she must look very tiny laying under the red giant like this.

"Danny," she sighs and brings a hand up to pinch the bridge of her nose. Here it goes. "I wanted to... give you a present."

"A- a present?" The big puppy's head tilts and her eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"A valentines."

"For... oh."

"Yeah. Stake me now, please, because this is mortifying." She covers her face with her hands and sighs into them, despite not really needing to breathe. Gently, Danny pries the vampires hands from her face and holds them in her own.

"I just... You didn't have to- fuck it." She leans down and presses her lips to Carmilla's in a heated kiss. They're rarely intimate when Laura isn't around, their relationship not being as close as their ones with Laura, but when they do it's usually to avoid saying what they're feeling. Carmilla doesn't really care.

She grabs danny's hair in fists to pull her closer, tilting her head into the kiss and biting the girl's lip harder than intended. She immediately soothes it with her tongue.

"Fuck," Danny mumbles into her mouth as she grinds her hips down against the vampires. Carmilla rocks her hips up to meet her and stifles a moan by deepening the kiss, licking into the red-haired girl's mouth.

One of Carmilla's hands leaves the girl's hair to run up her back, lifting up her shirt. Danny breaks the kiss to lift her shirt over her head and throw it over onto Carmilla's bed before she looks down at the flustered Vampire.

She reaches over to grab her camera, that Laura conveniently threw next to them, and quickly snaps a picture of Carmilla with dark, lustful eyes, red cheeks, and mussed up hair. She'll definitely keep this one.

"Next time you want to get me a present, ask," Danny says as she cups Carmilla's jaw and tilts her head up. She ducks down and kisses the girl's jaw, dragging her teeth down to what would have been her pulse point if Carmilla were alive and bites hard, but not hard enough to break the skin, as she rolls her hips again.

"Fuck, okay," Carmilla growls out as she desperately tries to hold onto her dominance.

"You're supposed to be talking things out!" An indignant voice reaches both of their ears and two heads turn toward the blonde girl standing next to the bed with her hands on her hips. Carmilla and Danny look at each other with dilated pupils and panting breath.

"We're sorry," they say in unison. Laura squeals as Danny grabs the cupcake's hand and pulls her into two pairs of arms and equally eager mouths.