It was innocent

Tags: Hollenstein sort of, no relationship but hollenstein potential implied, fluff

Carmilla and Danny were stopped in their tracks when the tiny gay Laura Hollis slid in front of them on the pathway back to the dorms.

"Hey, guys! Weird seeing you two together," Laura comments, gesturing between them. It's true, their names are well known around this campus as incompatible on every level (well, almost every level). Anyone who knew one would probably accuse the other in the event of a murder.

Laura knows this better than most, though, having dated both of them in the past--but, unfortunately for the both of them, no longer.

She spent long hours doing her best to keep them from tearing each other apart when it came to their competitive nature, and she finally decided not too long ago that it wasn't worth it to have both of them fight over her and lose one of them as a friend in the long run.

"Alsmost as weird as not seeing you with Laf," Danny says trying her best to change the topic. She shifts from one foot to the other and winces.

"Oh, are you okay? Are you hurt?" Laura puts a hand on Danny's elbow, which Carmilla instantly glares at but ultimately ignores, still feeling smug and sated from what happened earlier.

"N-no, it's okay I'm just sore. Really, it's alright, Laura." She tries. She does. But Laura Hollis, investigator extraordinaire, knows how to put two and two together.

Danny's hair is a barely contained mess, and so is Carmilla's. Danny has a sheen of sweat coating her forehead even though it's barely 60° outside. Danny's legs are sore and she's acting evasive and closed off. Carmilla has more of a smug face than usual. It can't be... holy hufflepuff...

"YOU TWO HAD SEX?!?" Laura's voice raises three octaves and four decibels. "OH MY- HOLY-" Both Carmilla and Danny scramble to hide their faces to keep their dignities intact. As Danny tries to figure out how Laura put 2 and 2 together to get 1698, Carmilla is the one to face the bewildered girl.

"Cupcake, Cupcake! Calm down," she says with a short laugh, nonetheless looking prideful.

Danny crosses her arms over her chest, blushing beet red and glaring at passerbyers who deign to look their way.

"I thought you hated each other!"

Carmilla sighs and looks over at Danny, biting her lip to keep from laughing. Danny whispers something angrily to her. Carmilla laughs and shakes her head, which makes Danny deflate.

"Guys! Feeling pretty third wheel over here."

Danny and Carmilla look at Laura. Carmilla with her innocent yet smug expression, and Danny with her resignated sigh.

"Speak up, Clifford. Tell Laura what we did yesterday," Carmilla commands, winking suggestively at the cupcake. "All day"

Laura blushes deeply, not know why the thought of her exes doing- that... makes her feel warm inside. Quickly she looks over to Danny as she hears her begin to speak.

"We... wehadajumpingcompetitionatfunzone." It was rushed, and therefore did not satisfy Carmilla.

"A.. what?" Laura asks weakly, not understanding a single thing that was happening.

"A competition to see who could jump the highest... at fun zone.."

"The place with the.." Carmilla trails off, expecting Danny to fill in the blanks.

"Bouncy castles," Danny sighs with her eyes closed.

"for..."

"Children..."

"And who won?" Carmilla smirks

"Carmilla..."

"See? Was that so hard?" Carm asks in a baby voice, ruffling Danny's already messed up hair and shooting a genuine smile over to Laura.

Laura simply laughs and walks away, all too used to the unpredictable nonsense Carmilla and Danny do to prove who's better. In Laura's opinion, they're equal, but she'll never tell them that.