Chapter 37

The arena was still silent, even after the proctor announced my win

The arena was still silent, even after the proctor announced my win. Everyone's eyes were drawn towards the pile of remains that was the only thing left of the boy. I let out a heavy sigh and turn away as the medic nin's run out onto the field.

Using body flicker, I appear at the top of the stairs, and as I make my way over to my team, ninja from every village move out of my way. As if I had some disease that was contagious, people didn't even dare to be within two feet of me. The exception to this being Gaara.

I make eye contact with him, a mutual understanding passing between us as I pass him and move beside Sasuke and Naruto. Sasuke looks at me with wide eyes, but nevertheless gives me a simple nod of approval.

Sasuke Uchiha vs Yoroi Akado.

I clasp Sasuke's shoulder firmly and give a subtle glance towards the mark that was exposed on his shoulder.

"Be careful." My voice was low, but the hint of worry was evident.

Sasuke looks back at me from over his shoulder, his facial features soft. "I'm always careful. Don't worry about me." I scoff at the obvious lie that just left his lips.

Shaking my head, I give him a gentle push towards the stairs.

"Kick his ass then."

Sasuke shoots me a smirk before making his way towards the arena.

"what the hell was that?!" yells a venomous voice.

Snapping my head to my left, I furrow my brows towards Naruto. Naruto's face was twisted into a scowl, his eyes shining with anger...and fear. My voice shows how confused I am. "Pardon?"

Naruto was visibly shaking at this point, his anger almost coming off of him in waves. "You know exactly what I'm talking about! I understand that that guy did something horrible. But that doesn't mean you can just go around killing people!"

I narrow my eyes as Anger suddenly surges through me. I feel my clansmen, Shikamaru, Kakashi as well as Asuma walk up behind me. "I don't feel any guilt killing him Naruto, he deserved it."

Lies.

"But-" he starts but Asuma and Kakashi cut him off.

"Naruto, you need to learn that death is apart of being a ninja. Itadori knew exactly what he was getting himself into when he decided to take these exams." Kakashi says, his voice cold as ice.

Asuma moves in front of me a bit, and crosses his arms, glowering at my Nii-san "I also recommend knowing the full story before you go around getting angry and accusing people of things. If Shizukana killed him, then she believed there was a valid reason to do so."

Ya sure...I was supposed to get answers out of him, but instead, I used the wrong jutsu and end up killing him.

Naruto takes a step back, his face dropping from anger, to regret in a heartbeat. "I-I'm so-" I push past Asuma and stand in front of Naruto, placing a hand over his mouth. "No need to apologize, I understand why you got upset, and because of that, I am not upset. After all, how could I ever get mad at my NII-San."