Chapter 50

Tears spilled down my face relentlessly, but not a single sound leaves my lips. Not a sob, a cry or a whine, I was completely silent as I cried. By this time, Kakashi, Hikaru and Ren were all awake and looking at me with worrisome eyes. In fact, Kakashi was the one to pull me back into the apartment, Hikaru and him having heard the words that were being said in the hall. 

Head turned towards the ground, tears stained the ground as I stare at the floor with wide eyes. A small hand moves into my vision, and as I turn to look at Ren, I instantly notice the sad look on his face. 

"Is Mommy okay?" 

I let out a small humourless laugh, My body shaking as I force a smile on my face. Wiping away the tears from my face, I sniffle before reaching out a hand and ruffling Ren's hair. 

"Of course I'm okay! Why don't you go into the kitchen and wait for me? Maybe I can help you make some breakfast. How does that sound?" 

 A smile instantly appears on Ren's face, his eye's shining with excitement. "Okay!" Turning around, he runs towards the kitchen as fast as his little legs could carry him. 

The moment his figure disappears around the corner, my smile drops and I turn to face Hikaru and Kakashi. Hikaru's jaw was clenched and Kakashi's eyes were narrowed to slits. 

"What exactly is going on, Shizukana," Kakashi asks slowly. Letting out a shaky breath, I rub my stinging eyes before answering his question. 

"I'm sure you've already heard...Sasuke has abandoned the village, therefore technically becoming a rogue ninja. Naruto and the others came over to get my help in retrieving him. I refused to help them and in turn...Naruto got angry." 

Hikaru scoffs, and moves closer to me, pulling me into a tight hug. "Angry was an understatement, Shizukana. Naruto had absolutely no reason to say the words he did...after all the things you've done for him, you would think he'd be a bit more thankful." 

I chuckle humourlessly as I hug Hikaru back, clinging to him desperately. "It's fine-" 

Kakashi cuts in sharply. "No, It is not fine.-" Standing up to his feet, Kakashi moves towards the kitchen where Ren was making a racket. "And I'll be sure to give him a good talking too the next time I see him." 

I gap at him in shock and terror. By 'talk' he most likely means scare Naruto so bad that he'll never want to talk to me again. Jumping out of Hikaru's arms, I dive towards Kakashi. 

"Wait!" 

____________________________________________________________

    "Thank you for breakfast!!" Chimes Ren happily. With a smile etched on to my face, I stand from my seat and take Rens empty plate. 

"You're welcome! Why don't you go get dressed, so that we can go down to the market?" 

"Okay!" 

As Ren hurries upstairs, I place Ren and I's plate in the sink before turning and leaning against the counter. With Naruto and the other Genin frustrated with me, I'm extremely limited when it comes to training partners. I have Hikaru, but after awhile his attacks become predictable, and the both of us can never truly challenge ourselves. 

I continue to mull over options available to me, realizing that I am now going to have to train solely with the ANBU, Jounin, and Chunin.  Sighing, I shake my head at the thought of all the bruises, cuts, and MANY hospital visits that are going to await me. 

"What's on your mind?" 

Looking up towards the voice, I give Kakashi a small smile. "I'm just thinking of my future training. I think I'm going to ask Asuma for some more training with Chakra blades, see if I can get a set of my own. I also have to continue working on my speed jutsu and that new Water chakra technique that I was inventing-"