Chapter 40

A couple days later

A couple days later.

"You're going to do it blindfolded."

"FOR THE LOVE OF-"

For what seemed like the millionth time this week, I had a nasty scowl on my face. Must I say it again? The old man is trying to kill us.

"You expect us to fight, while blindfolded." My voice was dull, and just screamed 'i'm-not-a-fan-of-this-fuck-you'

Hiruzen-Sensei chuckles. "The best part? You will be fighting the ANBU."

Hikaru's reaction was instant. "Fuck this shit, I'm out!" As he turns to leave, I grab the back of his jacket and pull him back to the spot beside me.

I look at him with a blank and emotionless face. "If I'm going down, you're coming down with me." Hikaru looks at me with puppy dog eyes, but I refuse to budge.

Hiruzen-Sensei's booming laugh fills the training ground. Rolling my eyes at his mirth, I inwardly start to panic.

How in the hell am I supposed to fight ANBU?! Pandora, give me strength.

Hiruzen wipes an imaginary tear away from his eye, and looks at us, chuckles still causing his body to shake. "Once you've mastered how to do it without sight, we are going to switch to plugging your ears. Once you can do that effortlessly, I will blindfold you AND plug your ears.-"

Still slightly laughing, Hiruzen gives a simple wave of his hand, and two ANBU appear beside him. "-This exercise will teach you how to fight even when your senses are blocked off. It will teach you to feel the vibrations through the earth, air, and water instead of relying on sight or sound. If you master this, you will be able to feel even the slightest disturbances in the surrounding area, allowing you to detect enemies even if you're not a Sensor ninja."

His reasoning was logical and fair, but I have a feeling that he's putting two ANBU against us just to laugh at our misfortune. I turn to look at Hikaru as Hiruzen approaches us with the blindfolds.

"Be prepared for some nasty bruises, Hikaru. This is going to be hell." Hiruzen first ties the blindfold around my head before moving to Hikaru.

Instantly I begin to feel tense, and m nerves start to get to me. I reach out with my arms aimlessly, trying to find something solid to grab onto. All my attempts were futile. I couldn't even locate Hikaru anymore.

Growling, I stop moving, and concentrate on the chakra's that I could sense. I haven't gotten so far as to be able to visibly see chakra, so all I could do was roughly pinpoint. Still, the only Chakra I could sense was Hikaru's. Hiruzen-Sensei and the two ANBU have theirs masked, and I'm not skilled enough to detect higher level ninja when they are purposely concealing themselves.

"Begin!"

I didn't even get a second to react before I was punched in the face. I was sent flying through the air, and I didn't stop until I hit something, my guess is a tree.