Chapter 38

The feeling of being played or tricked into something is an unpleasant one

The feeling of being played or tricked into something is an unpleasant one. The feeling of being mislead in general is something that I absolutely hate. Especially when it comes from someone that I considered a friend.
As I walk down that hall, the events of the previous day replay through my head.
* * *
I had almost reached my room after putting Gaara To bed, but the sound of familiar voice stops me from reaching my door. Turning my head, I notice that the Sairen group and Hikaru are making their way towards me from the other end of the hall.
As they made their way towards me, their small talk stops altogether when they notice me looking.
Looking over the group, I make eye contact with Rin, and her previous words come to mind.

"Do you not know how we feel?! Seeing our friend like this kills us, Shizukana. It's even worse for Hikaru, Kiba, and Shikamaru! Those three have been worried sick about you, and all you're doing is pushing them away!" 

I have to apologize to them all, that's the least I can do.

When they finally reach me, Hikaru goes to speak, but I lift a hand signalling for him to keep quiet.
He looks at me curiously, as does the other three.
I shake my head lightly and let out a sigh.
I look at them with sad eyes.

"I-I want to apologize for my behaviour...it was wrong of me to shut you guys out, and to push you away when-"

"What the hell are you on about?" Hikaru's voice cuts me off, his tone low and dangerous.

My eyes widen in surprise.
Hikaru shakes his head at me in disbelief.

"There is absolutely no reason for you to apologize. We understand that you need space. Shizukana you're grieving.-"

I shake my head and take a step towards him.

"But Rin-" I start.

"What did you say to her Rin." Snaps Mamoru.
Everyone turns to look at Rin, glares adorning their faces. Rin takes a step back, a guilty look taking over her facial features.

"I-I just told her that she has to think about us too...That we were worried about her and she can't-"
Hikaru let's out a nasty snarl, followed by Takeshi.

"Rin, she can do whatever she fucking wants! Our feelings don't apply right now!" Hikaru says, his voice rising several octaves.

"I can't believe that you said something like that to her! Her mother literally just passed away!" Yells Takeshi.

I look at them all with wide eyes. Did she purposely make me feel guilty? I look at her with a pleading expression. Please tell me you didn't.

She looks at me with sad eyes, guilty eyes. My gaze suddenly turns cold, and I give her an icy glare.

"I'm going to bed." My statement was met by low growls, and that was about it.