Chapter 44

My body began to shake profusely as a new sense of energy ran through my veins. Hikaru instantly noticed my shaking and moved to sit in front of me in worry.

"Shizukana, what's wrong?" I shake my head and let out a small startled shriek. Jumping up to my feet, I quickly weaved some hand signs. My hands fumbled to form the correct signs, but I managed to do the correct Jutsu.

"Lightning Release: lightning cage," I scream as I do the Jutsu.

A cage forms around Sasuke and Sakura, protecting them from anything on the outside.

As soon as it formed, I grab Hikaru's hand and pull him along in a panic. "We have to get to them in time! They're surrounded!" My voice cracks as I continue to watch the situation that was happening.

Hikaru offers no words but continues to run alongside me. Taking off our Chakra weights, we rush forward with even more speed than before.

I almost trip over my own feet a couple times, due to them turning to absolute jelly from the sheer amount of fear that was coursing through my body. I watched as Ghost's and Nagisa's Chakra continues to become surrounded by enemy ninja.

I flare my Chakra a couple times, hoping that any ally ninja in the area will recognize that it was me, and come running to help.

There was no possible way to contact Nymiria right now, not unless she spots whats going on....unless...

I fill my lungs with Chakra just as we neared the center of the village. "NYMIRIA!!!" My scream echoes throughout the entire area, and the response was almost immediate. A shrill screech was the answer to my call, and from in front of me, I could see the shadow of her huge form on the ground.

"Get to Ghost and Nagisa!" The swoop of her wings was the only thing that told me she listened. Her panicked scream was what also caused my heart to skyrocket, that, and the fact that Nagisa's Chakra has suddenly just disappeared.

"NO!"

The moment we make it to the area of the street where my summons had gathered, I feel myself freeze in horror for a second.

Ghost's fur was matted and covered in blood, his breathing coming out in short gasps. He was glaring dangerously at everyone, as he covered the body of who I could only assume was Nagisa.

Feel bile rise up as I stare down at my precious pup. From above in the sky, Nymiria was swooping down and clawing out the throats of as many ninja as she could. When the gruesome scene finally sunk in, I Immediately attack, a scream ripping through my throat.

From behind me, a loud snarl is heard from Hikaru as we both attack the ninja relentlessly.

They didn't stand a chance.

Within moments, the 30 ninja that had been attacking my loved ones relentlessly...were now lying dead on the ground. We showed no mercy, some were headless, while other either had limbs ripped off, or their necks simply slashed.

(Start the music here)

Tears were streaming down my face at a relentless rate, and my body refused to stop shaking. Without wasting a single second, I rush over to the charred body of Nagisa.

"No...no..please no, not again.." I cry, voice cracking at the end.

I fall to my knees, my hands hovering over top Nagisa's still body. Beside me, Ghost was whimpering and Nymiria was letting out small sounds of anguish.

Hikaru goes to touch my shoulder, but I shrug him away and refuse to touch him.

Reaching down, I pick Nagisa up and cradle him in my arms, rocking him back and forth, as if I was in a rocking chair.