Chapter 47

My body shakes, and I can feel all eyes on me as the familiar burning fills my body. My scalp burned like hellfire, and my eyes stung like I was sprayed in the eyes. The sheer amount of anger in my body surprises even myself. From the corner of my eye, I watch as wisps of my hair turn a midnight black. Turning my focus back to my brother, I grip my Kunai until my knuckles turn a ghostly white. "Shizukana! Who is he?!" 

Growling, I spit out a response to Shikamaru.  "I'll tell you another time!" 

Taking a step forward, Silver backs up as I advance towards him. Holding his hands up, his voice slightly quivers. "I don't want to fight you." 

"You should have thought about that before attacking my family!" I say snarling. 

"Shizukana! Hear him out for now!" yells Asuma from inside the barrier. I freeze, my body growing rigid as a sneer causes my face to contort. turning my head I dip it towards Asuma, a shadow casting over my face. 

"Excuse me?" I voice comes out as a quiet whisper, the tone even sending shivers down my own spine.  

Asuma meets my gaze steadily. "I understand that you want to kill him, trust me, I want to kill him too. But at least find out why he's here, he must have a reason, because from your memories. He was the only one that hurt you LESS than the others." 

Asuma's words sink in as I turn my attention back towards Silver. He never once tortured me as much as Bellatrix or Ryoko. He hurt me, yes, but those were mere stabs with a kunai or a punch from his fist. 

Yet he still laughed. 

Raising my Kunai, I go into a stance and point it threateningly at my brother. "Give me one good reason as to why I shouldn't kill you." 

Silver shakes his head solemnly, his hands falling limply to his side. His now, short cropped hair glistened in the sun as he turned his head towards the ground. 

His voice cracks, and despite my best efforts, I feel my expression soften just a bit, by heart clenching painfully. "I-I can't give you a reason. I know that I deserve to die for what I did to you....what WE did...I-I broke the most important rule and betrayed my family...no amount of forgiveness can make up for it." 

Tears fall from his eyes, his body shaking violently as his emotions get the better of him. With narrowed eyes, I slowly put my kunai away and continue to watch my 'brother'. From the distance, I could still hear Hikaru trying to organize and help victims. 

"What is he talking about, Shizukana?" Asks Shikamaru. 

"Not now, Shika." 

Shikamaru didn't dare talk after that. "Why are you here, Silver?" I asked, my voice less aggressive, but still very angry. Memories flashed before my eyes as I stare at my other half. The only other person alive from our squad of Quadruplet siblings. 

"I-I was sent here to force you back...no one believed that you would be able to complete the mission, so they sent me, your sibling, to retrieve you." Silvers' voice was becomings steadier by the second, but his body still shook violently in front of me. 

A sick feeling seeps into my bones as a sudden realization comes to thought. "They don't know what really happened, do they?" 

His silence was my answer. letting out a loud snarl, I go to lung for him, but a small hand grabs my own and stops me from doing so. Startled, I freeze and look down to see the small boy from before, holding my hand tightly. 

The boy looks up at me with an unsettling amount of maturity, his eyes telling me a message. 

He wants me to calm down.