Chapter 42

(A/N If you remember when Shizukana used Voice rend against Itadori, this is what the Chakra looked like when she finished her jutsu

(A/N If you remember when Shizukana used Voice rend against Itadori, this is what the Chakra looked like when she finished her jutsu. the strings are dangerously sharp, which was shown when she cut Itadori to pieces. She collects the red chakra in her mouth before she takes it in her hands and whips it at her enemies in the form of strings.)

Word count: 2518

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I clutched onto the beautiful pendants gently, making sure that they were simply perfect and void of any flaws. At closer inspection, you could see the beautiful diamonds that were infused in the gleaming red jewel, it's beauty almost taunting those who gazed upon them.

It almost seemed wrong to create these necklaces for the sole purpose of war, especially from something so genuinely beautiful. Nevertheless, I felt the need to create more of these masterpieces for my comrades, and as a matter of fact, an identical one hung from my neck.

Although my own was not for the purpose of summoning others in my time of need. It was only going to be used to store vast amounts of my chakra, so if a situation did arise where I needed extra chakra, I had it.

Sighing, I pocket the necklaces and tighten the armour that adorned my body.

Today was the day of the final exam, the day that decided whether or not I can become a Chunin.

The day in which I was going to face off against the Shizunai and won. The guy that Hiruzen-Sensei told me to be careful about.

Yato was extremely skilled when it came to taijutsu and swordsmanship. An extremely deadly combination if I do say so myself. Not only that, but Hiruzen told me to treat this as a form of training. He wants me to focus on my strategizing, and raw combat skills rather than relying on my clan trait.

Yato didn't stand a chance.

Walking out of my room and down the stairs, Hikaru is waiting for me at the bottom. His arms were crosses, causing his muscles to become more defined as he smirked.

His eyes shinned mischievously, as he uncrossed his arms.

"Ready to kick some serious ass today?"

I laugh lightly and raise a hand, fist bumping Hikaru in glee. "You know it!"

Hikaru was adorned with the same type of clothing as I am, and because of this, both of Hikaru's arms were exposed. Showing off his tattoo for the first time that I've summoned him.

I raise my eyebrow to this, as I stared at the tattoo that was obviously supposed to be me. Hikaru noticed my expression and his face dropped the slightest.

"I decided that I wanted everyone to know that I held a tattoo of you....I've become comfortable enough with you to the point where I'll protect you with my life-" His voice comes out soft.