15

Later that night, Tony decided to throw a party for the mission's sucess.

I didn't like Tony's parties. Everyone always crowded Steve and I. That and all of the drunk people tried touching me with their sticky hands.

So, Steve and I were hiding with some older people on the far end of the bar.

Steve was leaning on the bar while I was sitting on it.

Steve was also disappointedly sipping on his drink and scritching the top of my head while listening to the veteran's stories.

Thor came over drinking his Asgardian stuff and poured some into Steve's glass.

"Pour us a glass," the old men said as they held out their cups to Thor, who shook his head.

"This is from Asgard, it is much stronger than Midgardian liquor," he tried to protest.

The old men persisted, Steve and Thor looked at each other before shrugging.

Less than five minutes later, the old men were being carried out of the party on stretchers.

I sighed and looked at Steve, hitting his arm with my paw.

He turned to look at me, so I reached higher and slapped his face.

He frowned at me, picking me up off the bar. "What was that for Dot?" he asked as he made his way over to the couch.

I gave him a look and he started to pet my head again.

Everyone had started leaving after the old men had been carried out, so the Avengers started to make their way to the area with couches.

Thor put his hammer on the table before sitting down.

The other Avengers, Maria, Tony's friend Rhodey, and the doctor who helped Clint joined us.

I curled up in a ball on Steve's lap, falling asleep.

My sleep was short lived though, Steve got up and walked over to the little table with Thor's hammer on it.

I jumped off of the seat Steve and I had been in and jumped on the table.

Steve grabbed the handle of the hammer and pulled on it, it budged slightly.

Thor's face changed from a confident smirk to panic in less than two seconds.

I started to clean my ears while Steve picked me up and brought me back to the chair while Thor talked.

I made a pained noise as a high-pitched noise filled the air. Everyone else did the same.