23

Stuck. That's what Wanda and I were, stuck.

Everyone had left the house except for Vision, who was in charge of making sure we didn't leave.

He'd even locked the cat door, Wanda and I weren't happy in the slightest.

I was sitting on the counter, glaring at Vision as he made some kind of soup.

"A pinch of paprika... How much is a pinch?" Vision was muttering to himself before grabbing a bit of red powder he had on the island.

He was reading off of some papers he'd printed.

As he put it in the pot, Wanda walked in. "Is that Paprikash?" she asked as she walked into the kitchen.

Vision didn't even look up, "I thought it might lift your spirits," he told her as he continued to fiddle with spices.

Wanda walked around the island and grabbed the giant spoon he'd been using.

She pulled a bit out of the pot, blowing on it before tasting it. "Spirits lifted," she told him as she stirred it.

Vision seemed to notice her slight distasteful reaction, "In my defense, I haven't actually ever eaten anything before, so...".

Wanda shooed him away from the ingredients simply by saying, "May I?"

Vision backed up, "Please," he told her.

Wanda started sniffing the containers of spice he'd used.

I growled as he backed a little to close to the counter I was sitting on.

He immediately moved in front of the island. "Wanda," he started.

Wanda continued to investigate the spices, "Hmm?" was all she acknowledged.

"No one dislikes you Wanda," I flattened my ears. That was not how you started a conversation.

"Thanks?" she said confusedly.

"Oh you're welcome.  No, it's an involuntary response in their amygdala that they can't help but be afraid of you," he explained.

Wanda looked down at the soup before looking back at him, "Are you?" she asked.

I flattened my ears, "My amygdala is synthetic, so..." that made Wanda laugh. Nice save, I still don't like you though.

"I used to think of myself one way," she told him as she lifted her hand to let her red magic dance around her fingers, "But after this, I am something else..." she told him. "I'm still me, I think but... That's not what everyone else sees..." she drifted off.

Vision didn't seem to know what to say, "You know, I don't know what this is," he motioned towards the yellow rock in his face. "Not really, I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff, gave you your abilities, but... Its true nature is a mystery, and yet it is part of me,".

Wanda had stopped investigating spices, giving him her full attention, "Are you afraid of it?" she asked him.

"I wish to understand it, the more I do, the less it controls me. One day, who knows, I may even control it,".

Wanda decided to switch the subject, pointing to the soup, "I don't know what's in this, but it's not paprika," she told him.

"I'm going to the store, I'll be back in twenty minutes," she told him as she started walking out of the kitchen.

Vision phased through the counter, making me puff up my fur.

Another thing I hated about him.