Prologue

-??? POV-

"No. No! Who are you! How did you get in here? Guards! Guards! There's an intruder in the castle! Come now!" I yelled.

A playful voice chuckled somewhere in the distance. "No one's going to come, Prince. They're all dead."

I froze. 'No! They can't be! He's lying! Mom! Dad! Brother! Natsu!' I yelled in my head and ran out through the doors, heading towards the ballroom.

I burst into the room and my breath got caught in my throat. The room was decorated in crimson red. It painted the walls, the floors and even on the ceilings. Bodies were littered all over the ground, positioned in some sort of sick ritual. 

My stomach churned uncomfortably and I barely managed to stop my vomit from escaping out from my mouth. Taking a fast sweep across the room, I didn't see any familiar faces that I was searching for. I quickly closed the door and ran to the King's throne room. My heart hammered against my chest as I struggled to regulate my breathing to calm myself down.

Again, I burst into the room but this time, my eyes immediately lands on the figure on the throne.

"Father!" I rejoiced and ran to him with open arms, glad to finally see him. I hugged him tight but didn't receive any response from him. Frowning, I pulled back and look at him in the face. A scream tore out from my throat as I stared into his unblinking eyes. Dried blood pooled underneath him and a small but deep slit was made at his neck. Despite his death, he still looked as majestic as ever.

My King; my beloved father and my teacher.

I silently close his opened eyes with my trembling hands and forced myself to turn away from the sight.

'Mom... Brother....Natsu....' I forced my trembling legs to run at the hope of finding them still alive and well.

I ran through the long blood soaked halls, passing by a few more corpses. I passed by a small corpse lying on it's side.

'Natsu....' My beloved feline friend's beautiful fur was mattered in blood as it lay unmoving on the floor. I had no time to grieve for it as I turned my head away and forced my feet onwards.

I did not stop running till I'm in front of my parent's bedroom. I paused in front of it before taking a deep breath to brace myself.

Pushing open the double doors and witnessing....

Nothing.

There was nothing in the room. More like, the room is not even disturbed. The nicely made bed and the neatly arranged curtains were all newly made this morning. And there's been no sign of anyone coming in here.

I blew of a breath of relief. I was about to leave the room when I heard a small whimper coming from the corner of the room.

Turning towards it, I entered the room and carefully listened to where the sound came from. I made my way towards end of the room, where there's a loose board on the wall that leads to a small compartment in the wall. I remember when I and my brother found it when we were playing hide-and-seek. It had been our little secret, our small secret hideout we escape to when we got in trouble. I'm sure our parents knew about it but they pretended not to in order to indulge us.