No Time Left

"Oya? What's this shrimp doing in the castle?"

I struggled not to growl at the melon-head who insulted me but instead remain as dignified as I possibly can in front of my father.

"I see this is the first time you've seen him.This is my son." My Father—the King—introduced. "Where are your manners son?"

I plastered a small smile on my face as I gave a respectful bow towards the aristocrats.

"Greetings. I am the first born son of the ******** castle and I welcome you and your wife to our humble home." I bowed as I repeated the words my teachers drilled into my head when dealing with important guest, but that doesn't mean I really mean it. I can't wait for this fruit-head to get out.

It's not the first time he's here. An aristocrat of the highest caliber; he is known for his cunning smarts and his vast knowledge. No one would ever want to get on his bad side because he will get back at them with triple times amount of payback. Any rumors about him is all about how ruthless he is and how he will even resort to murder to get what he wants.

I heard he was worse back in his younger days but that all changed when he met the love of his life; Elena. A simple girl from a normal family, she captured his attention at first sight and from then on, he was caught in a sticky trap called love.

I can tell that that trap is still active even now by the way he stares at her every now and then. His every action portrays how he feels towards her; from the way he talks to her, acts around her and his facial expression every time he glance at her. Love is truly a scary thing, to be able to even tame a scary melon like him.

"It's a pleasure to meet you dear."

His wife who stood beside him smiled warmly at me. She was really beautiful. She didn't wear expensive jewelry or even those puffy, silky dresses those women who I see always wears. She wore a plain indigo dress that emphasizes her figure and the only jewelry on her was a diamond, wedding ring on her finger. Her makeup wasn't heavy but she looks amazingly stunning.

"Stop staring at her chibi." The fruit-head growled at me, anger and jealousy obvious in his eyes.

I glared back at him and we engaged in a silent glaring contest.

"Deamon!" Elena shouted, putting a stop in our little, childish fight. "Stop that! He's just a child." Elena chided.

I was a little insulted in her calling me a child. Sure, I may only be 15 years old, but as a Prince, I had to grow up faster and am more mature than other kids my age. But I'm sure she didn't mean anything by that so I brushed it off.

Fruit-head pouted a little as Elena glared angrily at him. However, even when she's trying to be angry, she didn't look intimidating at the least. "You promised you wouldn't cause any trouble today remember? I won't forgive you if you do."

"Elena dear. Calm down, I promised you alright? So don't be so mad." Fruit-Head looks so flustered at trying to handle his angry wife that it's too amusing not to watch. "Come on now Elena, we're in the King's presence." At that, Elena clamp up and blushed hard. She seems to have forgotten where she was when she started lecturing his husband.