A Flicker of Hope?

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter. Here's a cute picture of Uri to smooth your hearts.:3

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

-Tsuna's POV-

The next few days was filled with chaotic events that happened one after another. I didn't even have the time to stop and pounder about what the heck is going on with my life right now.

In between Reborn spartan teachings and torture sessions, I have the unfortunate encounter with multiple hitmen coming to kill me and also multiple attempts of my life being threatened courtesy of the chibi hitman.

One assassin even ended up living with us. The irony of it all is that, she wasn't aiming for my life at all. She mistook me as her target and attacked me but soon realized her mistake when Reborn told her to put on her spectacles. But it was not before causing a whole lot of trouble in school by chasing me around. Even the Skylark got involved at the end and really—it was difficult to run away from him more so than Reborn.

Speaking of Reborn, throughout all of this, he didn't step in once to help me or even if he did, it was right at the end, when he got his fill of watching me run around like a headless chicken for his amusement.
When asked why, he'll say: 'It's all a lesson.' or 'It'll help you grow stronger.' as an excuse for his crazy antics.

Why, just another day, I have the displeasure of helping out a stalker who's been wondering around my house for days, all to catch a glimpse of Reborn because she finds him adorable. Seriously, is there something wrong with her eyes?

She was hostile towards me at the start because she thought I'm abusing the baby. If only she knew how wrong she was and she might laugh if she heard it was the other way round. Things went out of hand quickly and she ended up falling into the river. When I found out she didn't know how to swim, I jumped in after her and pulled her up.

I guess that was a smart move to make because I could see Reborn getting ready to shoot me with a dying will bullet and I definitely do NOT want to get my clothes burned off again. I already have enough trouble trying to explain to Kaa-san why I need to buy extra sets of school uniforms.

Anyway, I thought that her almost drowning would make her sensible but turns out it had an opposite effect. Instead of stalking Reborn, she's coming after me now. She have it in her head that she'll be my future wife and worse part is, Reborn told her about the mafia which she seemed to take it in well. She even said it'll be exciting to be a future mafia's wife.

I could tell she's delusional.

Luckily for me, she goes to another school so we won't be seeing each other much. Unluckily for me, her school is not far from mine and so she's be coming to my school to meet me before heading to her school.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

"What's it like to be a ladies' man?" Reborn had teased.

Of course I didn't have an answer to that and settled to just ignore him.

I sighed as I lied on my bed, wishing desperately for some peace and quiet. But the quietness never last long when you're living with assassins and hitmen. Lambo's obnoxious laughter can be heard throughout the house along with I-pin's incoherent Japanese and Bianchi is in the kitchen, whipping up some nasty concoction for her next deadly recipe.

With the kids busy playing with one another downstairs and Reborn out of the house, this is my only time to relax a little and think.

Truth be told, the sounds around the house weren't so bad. It made me feel that I'm not alone. The presence of someone near you-even though annoying-is somehow strangely comforting. A warm, fuzzy feeling ignited inside of me, making me sigh in content, instead of exhaustion as I usually do.

This is a feeling I've definitely did not experience before in all my previous lives. But I don't hate it. An image of a burning candle pops up in my mind.

'Flames huh?' I recalled the times where Reborn shot me with the dying will bullet and the feeling that comes with it. If I put aside the times I ripped my clothing and just focus on the dying will part, I can almost say that it's not too bad to have a dying will. That way, at the end of day, you can die without any regrets.

'That warm feeling must have come from my flames inside of me.' I concluded. I frowned as I tried to recall where have I seen that flame before. I don't remember seeing or hearing about it in any of my previous lives that means I must have heard about it when I was young.

'That's right!' I sat up as a memory of an old man came into my mind.

When I was still just a kid, there's this old man who would come and visit from time to time. He is a good friend of Tou-san if I recall correctly. Tou-san always accompanies him whenever they go, as if he's a bodyguard. I don't know who this old man is but I like him.

Then there was once I was out playing in the yard alone and that evil Chihuahua that always tormented me came into the yard. I got scared and cried out for my parents. They came straight away and chuckled at what a crybaby I am. The old man was there too, he stared at me with interested eyes. He came towards me with a strange orange light on his finger and the moment the light touch my forehead, I fell asleep. All I felt was warmth. Comforting warmth blanketing over me, lulling me to a peaceful sleep.

Thinking back, that orange light resembles a flame. Why did that old man possess it too? And will I be able to use that flame just like him? Without any of the whole clothes burning away thing of course, that'll be just embarrassing.

Maybe I should try it out? Try to control the flames within me so that I can use it to my advantage next time? And it'll definitely be of great use against Death.

Maybe.....just maybe.....

There might be a chance for me to win against Death after all in this life.