Pineapple Dream

-Tsuna's POV-

"What in the world was I thinking!!" I yelled out loud, not caring if anyone's listening because at the moment, I was too exhausted to care.

Upon stepping foot back in Namimori, I realized I haven't carefully thought this through. Firstly, where the heck am I going to find a place for Mukuro to stay?! My house is definitely a big 'NO' with Reborn and the kids running around.

Reborn would probably grill me for answers if he found out I got Mukuro out from the Vindice. Then I would have to explain my reason which means I would have to tell him about Death and I definitely do not want to. Seriously, I want to keep it a secret till the very end because I really do not want to worry them about my problems. Naive thinking, I know. But I'll hold off the truth for as long as I can, till that day comes.

'I guess for now, he'll need to see a doctor. I'll think about the rest after that....' I thought tiredly and went on my way to the furthest hospital from Namimori I can think of. At least he'll have some time to rest before I find another place to hide him again.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

After getting everything settled for Mukuro which wasn't easy at all. I mean when you see a 14 year old kid carrying another half-dead kid on his shoulder, it'll alarm all the adults. I had to lie a lot in order to stop them from calling my parents or even the police. I didn't know how I managed to lie my way through but I'm not stupid to think it'll last. I bet they have people searching for Mukuro's profile by now. Hopefully, Mukuro will be able to do something about it when he wakes up. For now, I'll try whatever I can to get by.

I trudged on my way home, fatigue and tired. I couldn't tell you how happy I was when I saw my house coming into view and I rushed all the way back to it. Opening the doors, I was ambushed by the one person I did not want to see, but it's obvious he will be there.

"Tsuna, What did the Vindice want with you?" Reborn asked with a grim expression.

'Ah, he got right to the point I see....'

"They....um....." I got tongue-tied as I tried to find an excuse to fool the Hitman. But exhaustion took over and my brain went into auto-mode, or in my case, baka-mode.

"T-They invited me over for a talk." The words rushed out from my mouth before I could even think it over about what I'm saying.

"Hm, Talk huh? What did they talk about?" Reborn asked, his expression unreadable because of his fedora covering his face.

"E-eh..... It was just a friendly chat. About my future as the Decimo." I mentally face-palmed. I'm just digging myself a hole that I could never get out of.

"I never knew the Vindice was interested in talking. They are the enforcers of the commandments in the Mafia world and they trial those who cannot be trial by law. And as you've seen from their appearance, they don't make an entrance just to talk." Reborn tone deepened, adding a tint of threat in it.

"W-well.....You never met them personally so how would you know?" I stubbornly continued with my lame excuse, not missing the flash of annoyance in Reborn's eyes.

"Fine." He sighed. "I see you're not going to tell me no matter what."

"I-I'm sorry Reborn....." I muttered. I don't know why, but I absolutely found the need to apologize to him.

"If it's the Vindice, I'm sure they forced you to stay silent on any information regarding them." Reborn reasoned and sighed again.

'Why couldn't I come up with that excuse in the first place?!' I mentally scolded myself. 'Stupid!'