The Misunderstood Mist

-Tsuna's POV-

"Kufufu~ Indeed I am."

The mysterious man stood up and stepped forward into the dim light. I gasped as I saw the full view of the culprit behind everything. This person—whom I recognized from the photo—is Rokudo Mukuro, the one who started all of this. Purple hair, tied up in an unique style that strangely reminded me of pineapples. His eyes—I noticed—was heterochromic; with his left eye blue, and his right eye red with the number 6 in Kanji embedded in the middle of it. And like the others I encountered, he was also wearing a Kokuyo uniform but with the front unbuttoned, revealing a shirt with mist patterns on it.

If seeing his photo was enough to scare me, then meeting him face to face is downright terrifying.

I can practically feel the dangerous aura radiating from him. And all my instincts in me are telling me to run.

'He's dangerous!!' It screamed. 'Stay away!'

Trust me, I want to listen to my instincts and run like the wind out of this deserted place and into the comfort of my warm bed, but my legs wouldn't move. Plus, I'm pretty sure a certain baby won't let me do that. Also and most importantly, I can't run away and abandon my friends, not when one is still fighting downstairs and those that had fought and lost in the hospital. I shouldn't be the only one who gets away from this scot-free, not when all this started because of me.

The nagging feeling was back again, this time stronger than before. It is again triggered from the instant I saw Mukuro's face but I try to ignore it and push it to the back of my mind. There are more important matters at hand.

"So? Why go through all this trouble to get me? I don't even know you!"

"Kufufu~ It doesn't matter whether you know me or not. It only matters that you're the Vongola Decimo." He smirked. "It'd have been easier if we knew who the Vongola Decimo candidate was from the start. We wouldn't have had to involve all those civilians if you'd only shown yourself." He said, a mischievous glint in his eyes telling me that he's saying all of this knowing that it'll get to me. And he's right.

I knew for the fact that I've dragged others into my problems. It was constantly on my mind that all of the innocents that got caught up in this mess and have gotten hurt because of me. Hearing him say that didn't make it any better, and he knows it.

"But oh well, we still got you to show up so that's all it matters. Kufufu~" He chuckled. "What I want is to destroy all mafia in the world."

"Destroy the mafia?"

"That's all you need to know." He chuckled lowly.

A slight movement to my right caught our attention and we turned our heads to see Fuuta standing there. He has a blank look in his eyes and his face looks tired and very worn out.

"Fuuta!" I exclaimed. 'Why in the world is he here?' "Where have you been? Kaa-san's worried about you."

For the past few days, I haven't seen a glimpse of the mysterious boy around the house. I didn't think much of it seeing how he was used to taking care of himself. He had been running from the mafia all these years as a informant despite his age. Kaa-san, on the other hand, was really worried. She have come to love Fuuta as her own son and she kept having a bad premonition that something had happen to him. Call it motherly instincts or what, but she was right.