Mysterious Figure

-Tsuna's POV-

The rest of the week passed by quickly and strangely, quietly. Yamamoto and Gokudera stayed the same around me; laughing and bickering all the time and I enjoyed these peaceful moments with them.

I took Chrome to visit Mukuro and she somehow managed to fool everyone in the hospital with her illusions as we carried Mukuro out to their hideout. Turns out, what Chrome said about she and Mukuro being one together was true. Mukuro is connected to her and speaks to her through her dreams in order to tell her his plans. It took a lot of energy to come into other people's dreams because he's not as connected as he is to Chrome. So for now, Chrome is the spokesperson for the comatose pineapple.

It was weird though. It was hard to see Chrome as Mukuro (not because of the obvious gender difference.) because she so petite and small that I forgot she has the ability to cast nightmare inducing illusions that can scar a person for life.

Their new hideout was unsurprisingly the old, abandoned Kokuyo Land that we fought in just a few days ago. Since no one goes there anymore, Mukuro thinks it'll be a good place to make as their base. From then on, Chrome seldom lives in my house and instead chooses to protect the sleeping Mukuro till he wakes. I respect her choice even if I don't approve of it. Having saved her life and gave a purpose to it, she feels forever indebted to him and wishes to be of use to him in any way. Nothing I say would change her mind on the way she thinks.

As for me, I ran back and forth from my house to the hideout everyday whenever possible in order to check up on them and to bring Chrome food to eat. If I don't, she'd go the day without eating or she would just eat the snacks I bought as her lunch.

It was tiring running there every day but I don't mind it one bit. But I fear it would be harder once Reborn gets back from his meeting with Nono. 'I wonder what's the important thing they need to discuss?' I pondered as I walked towards the Kokuyo Land with a large Bento box in hand.

I was so into my thoughts that I didn't notice it till the last second when a bullet whiz passes my cheeks.

"Too slow. You've been slacking off a lot when I'm gone huh?" A voice spoke behind me and I knew I'm in trouble.

"A....haha...." I could only laugh sheepishly as I turned around to face him. My breath caught when I saw him. He was still the same Reborn I remember however, I didn't realize how much I've missed him during the time he was gone. How strange for me to be so sentimental.

"So, where are you heading to with that?" Reborn eyed the bento box in my hand with a questioning look and then pinned me with a hard stare.

"Hm? Oh! This?" I raised the bento and tried to wreck his brain for an excuse. I did not expect Reborn to be back today nor did I expect him to suddenly appear just as I was going to visit Chrome at their hideout, so nothing came to mind as I panicked under Reborn's oppressing stare.

After a moment of silence between us, Reborn sighed.

"Cut the crap Tsuna. I know what you've been doing the past few days."

"Eh?" I stared at the Hitman with a dumbfounded expression. 'What did he mean by that? He knew?'

"W-What do you mean you know?" I stammered, my voice betraying the nervousness I feel inside.