Mask

-Tsuna's POV-

That transfer student has been following me non-stop from that day on. It gets annoying at times but I can't say I totally hate it. It's nice to have someone by your side that doesn't ridicule you or simply dismiss you base on your looks. Plus, I sometimes get a familiar feeling when I'm with him which puzzles me greatly because I'm sure I've never met him before.

Still, I wished he tone down on his excitement level. I told him time and time again (through writing) not to call me 'Tenth' but by my name and yet he stubbornly insist to call me by that title. A title I'm not going to become.

"Hey Tenth. May I ask you a question?" He asked. It is now lunch period and we sat outside on a bench to eat our lunch.

I nodded in confirmation to his question.

"May I ask why do you not speak? You're not mute aren't you?" He fidgeted when he asked that, eyes looking anywhere else but at me.

I smiled at his behavior and took out my notebook. Scrubbing my answer on it, I turn and showed him what I wrote.

[No, I'm not mute. At the beginning, I choose not to talk because I didn't want to attract any unwanted attention to myself. I don't see why I have to speak when no one is interested in what I have to say. I only speak when I have to. Overtime, it became a habit to not speak. I feel more comfortable to communicate through writing anyway. I hope you don't mind.]

Gokudera read my answer with a frown and slowly nodded in understanding.

"I don't mind Tenth! If you're comfortable with writing then I won't mind it one bit!" He smiled.

'Huh. He sure is strange but I don't hate that straightforward personality of his. I guess I wouldn't mind having him around as a friend...'

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Physical Education is the worse period for me especially when it involves a sport that requires teamwork. All my classmates shun away from me and I'm always the last one to be picked in a team.

And it seems today is no different.

"No way. I don't want Dame-Tsuna in my team. You take him."

"I don't want to lose! You do it!" The opposing team argued.

I sighed inwardly. Looks like I'm going to be playing alone again.

"Haha~ Come Tsuna! Join my team!" A cheerful voice cut through the groans of the other protesting students.

Yamamoto put an arm around me and pulled me back. "How about it?"

"Eh! But he's a liability to the team.." his teammates complained.

"No worries. I'll play harder for his part too!" Yamamoto laughs.

His teammates seemed reluctant but trust in Yamamoto's ability to win. I nodded my thanks to Yamamoto and he laughed again. "No problem! You've been on a roll this week. I'd like to see more from you~"

Again, that fake laugh. That laugh just bothers me so much. It bothers me because I recognize that laugh. I used to do it all the time too, back in my original life. To laugh like a fool, hoping that no one would see through your mask. Lying to yourself that if you laugh hard enough, you'll believe yourself to be truly happy.