The Broken Rain

-Tsuna's POV-

The rooftop was packed with students, most of them from my class. Some of the members from the baseball club are also here to talk some sense to that baseball fool and some students are just here to be busybodies.

I pushed my way towards the front, to see Yamamoto standing at the edge of the building, behind the chain fence. His eyes were staring blankly into the skies and his right arm was in a cast. Everyone dare not come close, creating a wide berth from him. But they are all shouting and pleading him to move away from there.

"C'mon man! This isn't funny."

"Please Yamamoto! Think about what you're about to do!"

"Hey, we can just talk it out alright? There's no need for this!"

So many pleas and protest from the audience but none stepped forward to drag him back. They are all afraid I see.

But I'm not. I really don't want to do what I'm about to but there's really no choice in the matter. I have to speak up and knock some sense into that idiot before he makes a decision that is irreversible.

I stepped out of the crowd of students and walked towards the chain fence. Yamamoto sensed my approach and turned his attention towards me.

"Hey Tsuna, if you come to persuade me, it won't work. After the baseball Gods abandoned me, I have nothing left. There's no meaning in my life now."

I'm speechless.

I have no idea baseball meant so much to him. I know he's great at it and he enjoys playing it but I never thought he would die for it. That's what it means to be dedicated to something.

Unlike me, I have nothing.

The cycle of reincarnation has killed everything in me. I'm living but not. My goal is to defeat Death but somewhere along the way, a part of me has given up and accepted my fate. And thus I drift through my days like a living zombie.

But watching Yamamoto has sparked something back to life again, something that I haven't felt so strongly in decades.

Resolve.

I thought it had died along with many of my other emotions in me. But now it burns strongly in me-raging in me-telling me one thing:

I don't want Yamamoto to die.

I want him to live.

'Why? He's not my friend, he's just a classmate.'

But this is no time for questions. I'll think about the reasons later.

"Yamamoto, I can't believe this is the same guy I'm looking at compared to yesterday." I muttered.

"Hah!" He gave me a crude laugh. "Funny how people change overnight. But you should know since you were a dame before but look at you now."

Me? I don't think I changed at all. Besides the fact that I have Gokudera by my side and I'm more outspoken than before.

"But for me, I'm.....I'm nothing without baseball!" He shouted.

Okay. That's it. I have enough of this. He's exaggerating this way too much.

"Do you really think that you're life is over just because of a broken arm? I may not understand what it means to dedicate your life to something but don't you think you're taking it a bit too far?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What would you know?" He glared at me. But I saw no anger behind it. All I saw was the pain and conflict in his eyes.

'He doesn't really want to do this. He's just confused right now.'