A New Puppy

-Tsuna's POV-

It was a normal day like any other. Except for the fact that nothing in my life right now is normal.

I escaped another torture attempt from Reborn and rushed downstairs to greet my mom.

"Ohayo Kaa-san!"

"Ohayo Tsu-kun. I heard from Reborn-san that you have an important game today. So Kaa-san prepared something special for you today!" Kaa-san beamed and danced into the kitchen.

'Damn it Reborn. Why did he have to tell Kaa-san about it! Seeing how happy she is that I'm finally being participative in something, I can't disappoint her now.'

I ate the breakfast she prepared for me and went on my way to school with Reborn being strangely quiet throughout the journey. I bet he's looking forward to the game just like me, but for different reasons.

<~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

The gym was packed full of students, all here to support their favorite teams and screaming out support for them. Strangely enough, there are some students here cheering for me after my victory match with Mochida.

I stood in position in my gym uniform, still a bit stun as to why I'm here right now.

'Why am I here?' I groaned inwardly.

"Yo Tsuna! We'll be counting on you today!" Yamamoto smacked me on the back, causing me to stumble forward.

"Yeah...I'll try my best...." I mumbled.

The match started and everyone put on their game face. Well...except for me who stood there with a confused look. I've never played volleyball before, not once in my previous lifetimes. What am I suppose to do? Smack the ball?

I was stuck in my thoughts when a shout brought me out of it.

"Tsuna!" Yamamoto called out but it was too late. The ball hit me right in the abdomen. My eyes bulged and I clutched my stomach in pain.

"Are you alright Tsuna?" Yamamoto looked worried while the rest of the team looked annoyed.

"C'mon Tsuna! Stop playing around and take this match seriously.. We're trying to win here." One member grumbled.

"Sorry." I said and got up. I really don't want to be here and I don't want to stand out any more than I already have. 'Dame-Tsuna' can't win the volleyball match if he wants to remain a dame.

I returned to my position and the match restarted. My attention is wired elsewhere again as the hair on the back of my neck prickled. Someone, somewhere is watching me. And it isn't a friendly kind. It was more of a forceful glare eyeing me.

I'm sure I have many people who are displeased with me in this school but this person has directed a lot of hatred towards me, as though I stole something from him/her.

I tried to ignore that feeling and focus on the match before me but it was constantly nagging at the back of my mind. I did a half-hearted jump and hit the ball back to the opponent but I think the others could tell I wasn't giving my all in the game.