Chap 6

"Just calm down now Z, we know that this is probably a big shock-"

"A SHOCK! YOU EXPECT ME TO BELIEVE THIS BULLSHIT!"

I don't know why, but I walked forward and the second my foot hit the ground I had guns pointed at me,I didn't care. I felt a smirk crawl up onto my face and just like when we were below ground in the corridors I felt my common sense slip away. Throwing my arms up, I made a small circle before laughing at the soldiers in a patronizing manner; "Everything here is just meant to be gone! Just like that? I don't remember how old I am, but I can tell you that I most certainly wasn't born yesterday." I took another step forward, keeping my eyes on the commander and she looked pissed off, and in the corner of my eye I saw one of the soldiers who looked no more than seventeen power up his gun, the lights on the side going from white to blue and it started to hum. Laughing again I kept my eyes trained on the obviously angered woman and jerked my head in the direction of the scared soldier, "Aww, are you that scared that you have to have a kid threaten me? Think that just because I have a gun pointed at me I'm not going to do anything? News flash darling..."

My smirk grew and for some reason I found myself deriving pleasure from winding her up, and getting under their skin to this point. "A gun doesn't scare me, especially one that looks like it came out of an old Star Trek film." Her face was priceless,shock confusion and anger. It mixed into an expression I hadn't seen on someone's face before, and I liked that expression. 

"Z...just clam down please...we're all scared we just want to get out. You can be aggresssive when we're safe, please...?" I glanced back at the plead from Kara and saw why she sounded so desperate, Declan looked ready to have a break down, brilliant just when I was having my fun- what was that thought? I'm getting more confused the longer I stay on my feet, I feel like I've known the two behind me for years and yet I also don't remember. And I can't seem to care what the soldiers think of me, but those two scared people behind me who have shown nothing but weakness around me, seem to mean the world to me. And that's why I allow my shoulders to deflate slightly and the smile drips off my face and a small grin replaces it and I direct it specifically at Declan.

"Hey chin up kid! We're outside right? Sure I'm a little upset because it doesn't make sense but hey, we aren't down there anymore!"My one voice surprised me, I sounded cheerful and carefree, I don't remember ever having that tone of voice, even in what vague memories I have before this mess all started. I could see a weariy smile make its way to Dec's - no...his name is Declan. A smile make it's way to Declan's childish features, and the tears that were in his eyes started to go away as he calmed down. I knew the guns were still pointed at me, I could see it in Kara's eyes. Her fear told me everything, like a deer caught in the headlights wide and unable to comprehend.

And all I could do was smile, because I knew that they wouldn't shoot me, if they were going to they would of already, besides I can tell these people have enough about them not to shoot a man in the back,probably.

"You said you wanted to know what was going on?" Ah, guy I injured, I had to remember to get his name it's getting annoying thinking if him like that. He was hobbling holding onto another shoulder, most likely hoping that if I did decide to attack again I didn't go for him -again- and after a few seconds of silence he continued; "The worlds gone a bit topesy tervy since you went into what used to be a facility."

I knodded guessing as much. A heavily populated area doesn't get flattened without cause.

"You see well, let's get back to base and we'll explain properly, we have a video and everything you guys like popcorn?"

I scoffed slightly before walking back to the other two and waiting for cripple, commander and the rest of the brigade to lead the way, cripple trying to keep up a conversation.

"So Declan, what type of popcorn do you like?"

Declan was about to respond when my voice cut in and interrupted him before I knew what I was doing and before he had chance to answer.

"Popcorn isn't healthy, too much saturated fats in it, it's best if Declan, as the youngest member of the group, doesn't have any. He isn't the most athletic anyway, he doesn't need any extra incentive to sit around all day." I could see annoyance flash in cripples eyes and a small smile show up on Kara's lips and when I looked at Declan he had a pout in his and he just murmured; "Wow thanks for the confidence boost."

"What? Did I offend you in some way?"