Chap 16

"Name: Zander no last name given. Age: Eighteen. Temperament is the worst of the group and is known to frequently lash out sometimes unprovoked. Should be kept under close watch due to aggressive nature and irrational patterns. Main physical features black hair and hetrochromic eyes (left being blue the right being green) and multiple scars including self inflicted wounds on the arm. Notes: Has a close attachment to the other two subjects even going as far as to harm staff to protect them, when in a rage it appears only his fellow subjects can calm him down."

I sit there, looking at the three. They look like caged animals and it doesn't make any sense. Sure, Subject Z's outburst just then corroborates what the file says but the other two...K isn't showing any signs of aggression and surely if it sets Z off it would set K off.

"Why are you here Jamie."

How do they know my name? I put the files down on the chair as I stand up. No. I am here for answers, not for more questions.

"Why?"

I walk closer to the bullet proof glass encased bars. They apparently had to put something over the bars after subject Z tried to assault one of the guards unprovoked. I can see his head tilt at my question.

"Why are you such a mystery?"

I go right up to the glass and peer in. D and K are shaking like wet leaves and it's just like seeing them when they got out of that facility. Z seems to be shaking as well, but this doesn't make sense. He clearly isn't scared, maybe it's suppressed rage?

"Why are you here Jamie!?"

This really is confusing. Z is shaking horribly now.

"How do you know my name Subject Z?"

He looks at me in a way I don't quite understand. Like something in the back of my mind understands it but consciously I don't. 

"You're supposed to be dead! And now you're working with these- these!" 

D let's go of his waist and grips Z cheeks pushing their foreheads together and muttering something to him. I can see him take a deep breath and say something to D that makes him softly smile. I'll have to make sure there isn't anything in the files later on about romantic relationships.

Z begins to speak again, this time he seems much calmer and it almost feels like my hearts aching at the sight of his broken expression.

"Now you're working with the people who hurt us, who hurt everybody else in that damn place. What happened to you?"

"I have no idea what you're talking about."