good food and a job

Liza, Kristen, Corinna and Gabbie pack up the beach towels, sun cream and other belongings before walking to the new restaurant that just opened last week. The sun is supposed to set at a later time tonight so their plans are to watch it set together like old times.

"I'm in the mood for a chicken burger" Gabbie announces whilst rubbing at her tummy. The girls giggle at her as they open the door to the restaurant.

It's fancy but not too fancy. It's clean and not very busy which for them is a good thing considering you have to book a table. The staff seem friendly as far as Liza can tell. Kristen holds the door open for them then walks over to the woman behind what looks like a podium.

"Hi. My friends and I were wondering if you had a spare table? we understand that you have to reserve one but we didn't know until now" She explains with her sweet voice to the middle aged woman with wrinkle free skin. You'd honestly think she was in her 30's, she looks that young.

"It's fine sweetie, we aren't busy right now anyway. My names michelle. I'm the new owner of this place. I just moved here from Chicago with my husband and four children. Come take a seat"  the woman says politely.

The girls follow her to a table near the counter. Gabbie and Liza sit beside each other while Corinna sits opposite to Liza and next to Kristen. They each grab a menu, taking a look at what different kinds of food they serve.

"Can I get you lovely ladies a drink?" Michelle asks, her pen already held in her hands tightly, ready to take their orders.

"I'll have a chocolate milkshake please" Gabbie says.

"Banana milkshake for me please" Corinna replies.

"Can I have an ice water" Kristen asks. Michelle nods.

"I think I'm gonna have an ice tea please michelle" Liza announces. Michelle leaves them with a nod and a smile.

After their drinks get served, they order their food. Gabbie went with a chicken burger of course, Corinna got pizza and cheese fries, Kristen got curry and Liza got a sushi platter.

The four of them were caught up in conversation and food when the door opened and in entered a group of teenage boys about their age.

One of the boys had short brown hair and he was wearing all black. They didn't notice the girls as they walked right past them to another table in the corner.

"Who are they?" Corinna asks with her mouth gaped open. Kristen smacks her hand as the other two laugh.

"Oh Liza! You should totally ask Michelle for a job" Gabbie tells her. Corinna and Kristen nod their heads in agreement with wide eyes.

"You think?" Liza asks, uncertain. She's been meaning to find some sort of hobby or job to take her mind off of things and maybe the timing and place is perfect enough for her to ask.

She decides when the girls agree with Gabbie that she should asks for a job. She just doesn't know how to.

Liza finishes her food and walks over to the counter, hopping onto one of the bar stools as she waits for Michelle to emerge from the kitchen. When she does, Liza's hands become sweaty and hot, as well as every other part of her body.

"Ready to order dessert?" Michelle asks, assuming that's why the young girl was standing there. Liza shakes her head before replying.

"That's not what I wanted to ask you. What I did want to ask you was if there were any job vacancies available? I can work any days, anytime, all during summer" She rambles. Michelle has a smile on her glowing face as Liza finishes.

"Of course you can have a job. You can start tomorrow. Working hours begin at 8am and you can have a break and lunch then finish at 3pm . Ill give you weekends off with the exception that when we're busy, you'll have to work Saturdays. Also you can pick two days that you'd like off during the week. Your salary will depend on your work effort. Okay?" Michelle explains to a very excited and confused Liza.

"Wait so that's it? No interview?" She asks, confused as to why Michelle would just give her the job without asking any questions.

"Are you lazy?"

"no"

"Do you sleep on the job?"

"no"

"Have a criminal record?"

"god no"

"Are you clean, healthy and tidy?"

"Yes"

"The jobs yours"

The sun was starting to se slowly so the four amigos decided to head back down to the beach. It was a warm summers night, the kind they loved. The sky was changing into a pool of colours like orange, pink, blue, purple and grey. It was like a painting that belonged in a museum. the view was breathtakingly beautiful.

Kristen and Liza climbed onto the railing. Trying to get s better view of the sun lowering. Gabbie and Corinna stay put on the ground, not wanting to fall.

On the sand a few yards away from them, the same four boys from the restaurant were making a bonfire and roasting marshmallows. They had bottles of beer in their hands and smiles on their faces.

"I want to joint them" Gabbie says out loud. She hadn't realised she'd said it until her three friends were gawking at her.

"Me too" Kristen agrees.

"Let's go then" Corinna instructs, already making her way towards the group of random strangers. Gabbie shrugs her shoulders at Kristen and Liza before running after Corinna. Once the pair of them were out of ear shot, Kristen turns to her best friend. Finally going to ask the question she's wanted to ask all day.

"What made you change your mind" she questions, not wanting to beat around the bush or sugar coat anything.

"Never take the ones who love you most for granted, you never know just when you'll loose them. It's what she used to tell me. I didn't listen to her. Now I know I should have. So that's what I'm doing. Trying to listen. I'm not going to take anything for granted. She wouldn't want me to" Liza explains, tearing up a little.

Kristen holds out her hand for Liza to take. She does, intertwining their fingers and places a small kiss on Kristen's hand.

"I'm not going to take you for granted"

"I know"

The pair share a smile then start walking over to their friends. Liza had no idea what today would bring her when she woke up this morning but the problem is....the nights not over yet.

~~~~~~~~~~
hi babes!

again, I haven't edited this so i appologize for the smelling/ grammar mistakes there may be.

have any questions? leave them for me!

bye sisters

our first summer जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें