bad decissions

the sound of the waves crashing against the rocks and the smell of salt as well as fresh air is what wakes liza up. she opens her still tired eyes to see the beach. the birds flying above and the early morning sunrise. the warmth of a sleeping david beside her makes her feel comfortable and safe. they fell asleep white watching a movie of david's laptop last night and it's the first time liza has ever slept outside. she didn't mind, especially since where they slept was so special to the both of them.

"morning" david mumbles, his eyes still closed. liza turns around to face him but he pulls her into his chest which she doesn't complain about. the two lay on the bean bag together, warm and comfortable.

"i have to go" liza whines as she stretches her limbs, never wanting to leave this spot. david opens his eyes to find her already looking at him.

"that's creepy" he tells her. she giggles in respond before sitting up and taking in the fresh air. david refuses to move. if she has to leave, he's going home and going to bed.

"ok buster i'll see you later, your brother and i have a play date at the beach today" she smiles, ruffling his hair before kissing his cheek.

"just letting you know right now, i'm the better dobrik brother. and anyway it's cool. kristen and i have a hospital scan i need to be at pretty soon" david says as he gathers his things.

liza stops putting her shoes on when she hears what he said. he has a hospital scan today and instead of being with him, she's going to be building sandcastles, it's not right.

"i can come with you. i'll just do something with toby tomorrow" she insists. david gives her a look and she knows he's going to object.

"liza i love you babe i really do but i promise i'll be fine plus, my brother would never forgive you if you don't take him to the beach" he laughs.

a wide smile appears on liza's face when he says those three special words that she can guarantee, will never not make her heart flip.

they both depart ways after a hug and several forehead kisses given by david. liza drives off first. once he's in the car, david starts to text kristen, telling her that he's rescheduled the scan for tomorrow instead. he knows liza won't text kristen because she won't want to interrupt the appointment.

instead of doing what he said he was, david returns home for a shower and a quick change of clothes. after he's dresses, he takes his car keys and leaves the house again, only saying a few words to his parents as he does.

the drive to the doctors office david needs to go to is only a fifteen minute drive from his house which is good because that means there's less interruption for him and a better chance of getting away with it.

he arrives at the office and parks his car out front, looking around before getting out incase he sees anyone he knows. when the coast is clear her makes a run for the front doors.

"david dobrik, here to see doctor nash?" david tells the receptionist. she checks her system and gives him a nod.

"room 7b"

david makes his way to the assigned room, his hands shaking and his stomach doing somersaults. nervous was not a word you'd use to describe him at this moment in time. he knocks on the door three times before it opens. a middle aged man stands i front of him with a weird goofy smile.

"david come in and take a seat"

liza cheers, clapping her hands as toby takes the bucket away to reveal a beautiful sand castle. the two have been playing in the sand for three hours, occasionally taking a swim.

"are you hungry?" she asks him, while checking her phone for any updates what so ever. none.

"grilled cheese sandwiches?" he asks her, patting the sand. she smiles down at him and nods her head.

"you know me so well" she grins.

the two of them pack away their things and head up to the restaurant for something to eat. maybe liza can get some answers from michelle.

"so what your saying is that it's possible?" david asks, making sure what the doctor just said was clear.

"it's very possible for you to do but you'd have to fly to Switzerland in order to do it. are you sure this is what you want though? wouldn't you like your cancer to just take its course?" Doctor Nash asks, unsure that david's decision is the bests.

david sits in the chair, shaking his head and rapping his feet.

"no. i don't want my family seeing my the way they will. i refuse to let them and my friends, my girlfriend. i do not want to make them watch me die a little bit more every day. my doctor said i had a year to live and now it's longer" he explains with tears threatening to spill.

"isn't that a good thing? you'll have more time. don't you want to have more time with your friends and family? i know you want to have more time with your girlfriend" doctor nash asks, knowing he's making the wrong choice.

"no. i'm 18 now and i know that this is what i want. having more time means it'll be harder and i'll become less like myself. doctor nash i want you to schedule me to be euthanized next month." he demands.

doctor nash, with his heart heavy does as he's told. he arranges everything. after he prints out all the information, david takes it from him, not wanting to look at it.

"you can change your mind if you want" dr nash informs him.

"i won't"

david stand up to leave, he doesn't want to be in this place any much longer. he opens the door and walks out to his car.

time to tell everyone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

unedited*

new chapter!

comment & vote pls !

bye <3