confessions

the bright lights hurt her brown eyes as she opens them widely. she hears the beeping sound coming from the machine she's hooked up to. Liza's unable to move her left hand because of a certain sleeping boy, holding onto it so tight. his head is laying on her leg, he looks peaceful yet exhausted.

Liza tries to squeeze her hand but instead wakes up the boy. His fast movement almost breaks his neck as he sits up straight and looks at her with disbelief. He thinks he's going insane. No way she could be awake so soon. She's only been knocked out for the past 24 hours and for 12 minutes of those hours, she was dead.

"hi" Liza whispers.

"hi" he responds, his voice cracking, letting Liza know he's been crying. if his voice wasn't a give away then his red puffy eyes sure were.

"what happened?" She asks, holding onto his hand, trying to give him some sort of comfort.

"you uh- you fell off the ledge and landed in the water but some complications happened which caused you to stop breathing and you weren't breathing an-"

Liza cuts him off by pulling herself up and wrapping her hands around his neck, letting him cry on her shoulder. David's grip is tight and that makes her feel safe. She doesn't want to talk about it if it makes his this upset. Clearly the thought of loosing her makes him hurt and liza's happy he doesn't want to loose her.

"Where are the others?" Liza asks, pulling away from him but still keeping her arms around his neck while his hands red around her lower back.

"I sent them cable diving. I told them you were going to be okay even though I wasn't sure you would be. I couldn't let them miss out on having fun. that sound horrible-"

"David it's fine. I would have sent them. I wouldn't want them to waste their vacation all because I was scared of a snake and my clumsiness almost got me killed" she laughs, trying to lighten the mood.

"I wouldn't have let that happen" David tells her in thee most serious tone ever. his expression says it all. He was scared.

Liza soon falls back asleep, leaving David to lay beside her, holding her in his arms while stroking her cheek softly with his thumb. She's so peaceful and relaxed when she's sleeping. Her lips curl into a smile without her even meaning to do so, her breathing hitches ever few minutes but it's calming to hear and her features look perfect as does she.

Doctor Holmes comes in and out of liza's room every half hour, checking her temperature, blood levels and making sure she's still feeling okay. Scott texted saying they were back at the hotel an hour ago. David explained that Liza was getting some rest and then she could be discharged.

While he was waiting for Liza to wake up, David promised himself that if she did and she was okay then he'd tell her right there and then about how he feels about her. No bullshit, no tiptoeing, just the truth. And now that she is okay there's nothing stopping him from doing that.

He looks at the sleeping beauty , gently lifting her head off of him so he can make a quick trip to the hospital gift shop for some things. He leaves the room quietly, not wanting to wake her up.

David runs down the stairs that lead to the first floor, trying to be as quick as he can invade Liza wakes up and he's not there. she'd start to worry if that happened.

the gift shop had everything he needed to make his plan work. A get well soon balloon and card with cute love hearts on them, a bag of Swedish fish and sour patch kids (Liza's favourite candy), ice tea, a pillow, chocolate, and a plastic ring that was used as decoration on top of a cupcake.

After buying the items, he returns to Liza's room to find her already awake and reading a magazine one of the nurses gave her. her smile brightens up the gloomy room when she sees David walk in with the ballon and a bag  of what she's guessing is random objects.

"What's all this?" She asks him, sitting up in her bed, looking rather intrigued.

David doesn't reply to her straight away- instead, he starts to put the items on the table beside Liza, starting with the candy and ending with the ring. he doesn't show her the ring though.

"David what's this for?" She asks again, this time almost in tears. he remembered her favourite candy's and drink and he knows how much she loves cute cards whenever she's feeling like crap.

Feeling very nervous, David takes a deep breath before confessing his feelings.

"This isn't how I wanted to tell you. I was planning something special for tomorrow night but when I heard you scream the way you did and I saw you fall from that hill, when I felt your body go cold I thought I was never going to get the chance to tell you. tell you how much of an impact you've made in my life in just a short matter of time. tell you how your smile makes my stomach flip. how you're the only person I've ever felt something this strong for. I know we were strangers to each other only a few weeks ago but Liza the more time o get to spend with you, the more I don't ever want to be away from you. I've known since the day we met on that beach and you showed me your favourite place in the world that you were going to turn my life upside down in thee best way possible. I knew when we held hands tans they fit like jigsaw pieces that we were made to be together-"

"I love you"

Liza laughs as tears stream down her face, she quickly wipes them away but they don't stop. she can't believe that she actually told him. His words were beautiful and she feared that if he kept on talking she'd burst with happiness. David looks at her with so much love it's unbelievable. She just told him he loves her while sitting in a hospital bed. Not exactly the way she planned on doing it either but what matters is she said it. she finally told him.

"y-you l-l-love m-me" he stutters, also crying happy tears and smiling largely. She loves him. David knew there was something between them but he didn't think she felt this strongly about him.

"I do" she cries, positioning herself so she's on her knees, holding either side of his wet, teary, happy face. David holds her waits, never wanting to let go. "I really do"

she wastes no time in connecting their lips together, letting the feeling she's been holding back for so long finally roam free. they couldn't be closer together if they tried, grasping onto each other for dear life, scared to let go incase either of them dis spears. Finally after weeks of longing to be together they both have exactly what they wanted.

~~~~~~~

Ahhhhh!!!

they finally told each other how they feel!

why do you think David didn't say it back?

did you really think I was gonna kill off Liza?

comment and vote please !!

(this chapter is unedited)

Bye <3