Candy

Today's Saturday which means Liza isn't working today. Which means she can go down to her spot. Which means she can relax.

She wastes no time in getting dressed, throwing on her blue high waisted shorts, yellow bikini top and a yellow t-shirt over it. she puts on her white converse one foot at a time and laces them up before rushing into the bathroom. Liza turns on the cold water and squirts toothpaste onto her toothbrush. After three minutes of brushing, the eager girl grabs her book, journal, gum, phone, wallet, sunscreen, and keys.

It's only 8am yet it's like 70 degrees outside with a little bit of wind every few minutes allowing Liza to cool down. Liza rolls down the windows so the cold air floods her face, making the car not seem like a sauna.

When Liza arrives at the beach parking lot, she parks in her usual space before leaving and walking over to the food truck that parks just before the beach every weekend. It sells all of Liza's favourite treats starting from gummy candy to ice cream cones.

"Hey joe" Liza greets the driver as she leans on the counter, deciding on what snacks she should get today considering she was planning on being down at the beach for a while.

"There's my favourite customer! What can I get you today Liza" the old man asks nicely. Liza's been coming to his food truck for over three years, she's his most loyal customer and he's her favourite candy man.

"I'll have a bag of twizzlers, Swedish fish, sour patch kids and some peanut butter cups please" she lists, smiling as she does.

Joe gives her a nod before grabbing a few bags and filling them up with the usual candy Liza loves. He even adds in a packet of cinnamon gum because she loves cinnamon gum but never buys it from grocery stores as they hardly ever have it. Joe, before he gives her the candy, also reaches over for a cup and gives Liza a strawberry and blue raspberry snow cone.

"Thank you so much joe, same time next Saturday?" She asks after handing him her cash. Joe has a sudden sad look spread across his face, making Liza very anxious.

"I'm not going to be here next Saturday. I have a doctors appointment but I've asked my daughter to ask her eldest son to work in the truck. We don't speak very often so I don't think he'll accept" He frowns. Liza's heart literally sinks to the bottom of her stomach.

"I'll do it. If your grandson doesn't" Liza announces. She'd love nothing more than to help him out. After all, he is her drug dealer. The drug being candy.

"You'd do that?" He chirps, feeling a sudden burst of happiness.

"Of course. Ill give you a call on Friday okay!" She responds, walking away slowly, her back towards the beach.

Joe gives her a thumbs up, not wanting to hold her back much longer. He and Liza share a special bond. Liza never sees her own grandparents so Joe is the closest thing she has to a grandpa. She loves spending time with him on weekends when he has a break from the truck and she feels looked after whenever he brings her down food and drinks. Their relationship is important to Liza.

Being in the best mood she has been in since forever, Liza skips down on the sand, excited to be back at her spot with candy and her own thoughts.

However, that feeling is changed when she sees a black figure sitting on the sand, facing towards the Sean and rocks, away from Liza. She has no idea why someone would be here at this time. She has no idea how they found her spot.

"Excuse me. Can I help you!" She calls from her spot just a few steps away from the stranger. She starts to worry when they don't answer her but that's when she realises the white earphones that they're wearing. She storms over to them and pulls one out of their ear, instantly regretting it when she does.

"What was that for. You gave me a heart attack" David yells slightly. He didn't think she'd be here this early and thought he'd at least have an hour before she arrived.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know it was you" She appologize, sitting beside him. She wonders why he's here but doesn't want to ask.

"It's fine, I should go anyway. This is your place and I'd hate to intrude" he sighs as he stands to his feet and begins to walk away from her.

"David" liza calls. He doesn't answer her which makes her mad. The determined girl stomps after him, finally reaching him and making him stop.

"What's wrong?" She asks gently, seeing his eyes glossy and red. He knew that she didn't mind if David came to her spot. He knew she wouldn't be mad so why was he acting like she would.

David looks down at Liza's worries expression and hides his quickly. He doesn't want her to be worried about him. He doesn't want any of his friends to be worried about him.

"I'm fine. I was arguing with my dad and had to go somewhere to think" He lies slightly. Luckily for him, liza can't tell when someone lying. It's one of the reasons she has trust issues.

"Okay well come back and we can talk about it if you want while we eat candy" she suggests while flashing him the bags of treats joe gave her.

David's smile returns to his perfectly featured face as he and liza's hands intertwine and they walk back to her spot together.

~~~~~~   ~~~~~~~~

Hi! New chapter!

i haven't edited this one either! I'm so bad at editing them, I'll do it soon, I promise.

anyway, I have a few amazing chapter coming up soon so stay tuned for more updates that'll probably happen later tonight!

Comment so I know if you're enjoying this book and if you're not, let me k ow why!!

bye <3