self sabotage

after skydiving. everyone's energy's seemed to have been left in the air so it was time to go back to the hotel for a well needed rest and maybe some food considering they could now manage to keep their stomach under control because they aren't they aren't falling from a plane.

"i need to sleep for weeks" corinna groans as she flops down onto her bed.

"room service?" liza asks, picking up the phone and checking with the girls, they all nod in agreement, too tired to say anything.

once liza orders the food she goes outside to the balcony area, fresh air and an amazing view could do her some good right now. she's in the middle of watching dolphins in the horizon when the door slides open to reveal a nervous looking kristen. she's pulling on her long sleeves with her hands as she takes a seat on the small garden couch next her best friend.

"foods here" she informs her, being cautious.

"i'll get some later" liza mumbles without looking at her and instead avoiding any contact what so ever.

"liza please talk to me. i don't know what i did. you've forgiven corinna. why are you mad at me" kristen sighs.

"corinna didn't flirt with my boyfriend" she snaps, getting more and more agitated by the second.

kristen gives up. she can't take this bullshit anymore. if that's the way liza wants to act then fine but she's through being treated like crap for no reason other than liza's jealousy.

"you know what fine whatever but i just can't believe you'd think i'd do that to do. oh and also. david isn't your boyfriend liza. incase you forgot, you're the one who pushed him away and he's the one who doesn't love you back"

just as liza was about to argue back with her, gabbie appeared in the doorway with an anxious look on her face. she can tell they're arguing again.

"uh david's outside in the hallway, said he wants to speak to you" she informs them. liza starts to stand up but gabbie holds out her hands. "not you liza. i meant kristen".

liza scoffs while rolling her eyes and storming inside to the bathroom. kristen gives gabbie a small smile before walking past her and heading outside. when kristen closes the door, liza sneaks out of the toilet and puts her ear up against the door, hoping to hear their conversation.

"what's this about? liza's getting suspicious" kristen tells david as he plays with his hat and leans against the wall.

"she can't know" david warns immediately.

"i know that dipshit" kristen replies, also leaning against the wall on the opposite side of the hallway.

"i want to take her out on that real date we never got to have tonight and i know she's going to ask questions about why you're always in my room late at night and why we sneak off together. if she finds out it'll kill her" david tells kristen as she rubs his back and leans on his shoulder.

gabbie walks into the hallway to see liza with tears streaming down her face and her desperately trying to hold in the loud sobs she need to let out. she knows she should be scolding liza for eavesdropping but she can't be mad at her when she's in this state.

"come on" she whispers to her distraught friend. gabbie takes liza into her room and they both sit on the bed- well liza lays on gabbie while sobbing her poor little heart out.

back out in the hallway david too starts to cry but for completely different reasons. kristen tries her best to comfort him but she isn't scott. she doesn't know how be comforting like him.

"if it makes you feel any better, when she finally finds out the truth about your cancer, she'll know that i was only in your room at night to help take your vitals and make sure you took your medicine because scott had no idea how to do it and when we sneaked off we were going to the doctors or the pharmacy" she says, laughing a little to brighten the mood.

"yeah because scott's too much of a wuss to handle anything serious when it comes to me dying and todd and zane are just stupid in general" he laughs as he wipes his eyes and gives kristen a side hug. she's been a great friend to him on this trip.

after david collects himself, he and kristen say goodbye as he runs back to the hotel room and she returns to hers, completely unaware that liza was listening to part of their conversation. when she opened the door she sees gabbie and corinna on the couch, waiting on someone.

"what's going on?" kristen asks them as she poops down beside them. she waits for them to answer her but they don't. instead the stand up and walk towards the door. liza comes out of her room with a short black leather skirt, a black laced crop top and a chocker on, an hold her clutch bag in her hands.

"we're going out" corinna days over her shoulder before the three of them leave kristen alone in the room. she sits there for a minute absolutely dumbfounded but also upset. she wants to go home.

at the bar, liza sits on one of the bar stools and sits her bag onto the counter. she's wearing a radiant smile that only grows when the bartender hands her and he girls a tray of shots.

"complimentary of that guy over there"

the three of them look over to see a dude with tan skin and short brown hair. liza remembers him from the other night. that's brandon. she sees the perfect opportunity to get back at david and she takes it. walking over to him and giving him one of the shots. she bites her bottom lips as he words escape her mouth.

"to getting shit faced"

~~~~~~~~~~

(unedited chapter)

okay so sorry for abandoning you all!

i've just been super busy and i promise that i'll be uploading another chapter today. i've also decided that i should focus only on this book so "unexpected" has been put on hold for now but it will return eventually. i hope you enjoyed this chapter and if you're confused basically kristen knows about david's cancer and she's been helping him but liza thinks they're "sneaking around" and ya know.

okay leave a comment, vote and bye <3