David

"Liza! Kristen!" Gabbie yells over to the pair who are almost there. "This is toddy, scotty, Zane and David" she continues.

The boys all wave a little before returning to their previous conversations. It feels a little awkward at first for Liza as Kristen goes and sits by Scott, who has awesome tattoos, a really cute face and a cheeky grin. The pair of them seem to like each other as their deep into a conversation and drinking beer. Kristen never drinks beer.

Gabbie and Toddy are also hitting it off and god knows where Zane and Corinna are. Knowing Corinna though, they're probably looking for food or skinny dipping.

Suddenly feeling nervous, Liza cautiously takes a seat on the log that's placed in front of the fire. She holds her hands out to it, trying to get some heat into her body.

"Are you cold?" Someone asks from behind her. She turns her head around quickly and sees that it's David, standing with two red solo cups in his hands.

"Little bit" she answers, not wanting to use big words because then she might actually freeze, and not from being cold.

"Drink? It heats you up" David informs her, trying to hand her the cup but Liza doesn't seem too keen.

"No thank you. I don't drink" she explains, looking down at the floor, hiding her embarrassment. Now she's seriously gave off the impression that she's weird.

"Me neither. It's hot chocolate. Couldn't find anything else to put them in" he laughs, handing her the cup again.

Liza can't help but smile when she sees his. She gratefully takes the cup and brings it to her lips, drinking the warm liquid, humming with satisfaction as it hits the bottom of her stomach. The two non drinkers stare into the fire, feeling nothing but comfortable with each other's presence.

David wants to talk to her but he knows she isn't comfortable with talking much just yet. He's determined to work on that part though.

"How come I've never seen you or your friends before" to his surprise, Liza asks.

She holds the eye contact with him for a while before moving them from his eyes to his lips but then moving them straight back up. David notices this but chooses not to call her out for it, he doesn't want to make her feel uncomfortable or embarrassed so he smirks instead.

"Well, I've just moved here and those guys live in studio city so they attend a different school from the one here" David explains to her, his eyes flickering from her to the fire in front of them. Liza nods her head to show she understands.

Then it's back to relaxing silence with the occasional sound of laughter from their friends. Kristen and Gabbie are wrestling in the water. Scott carrying Kristen on his shoulders and Zane now carrying Gabbie on his. Liza turns her head around to see Toddy and Corinna full on making out. She feels instantly grossed out and begins to tug on David's sleeve, trying to get his attention.

"What's up?" He asks when he's done spectating the wrestling match that Gabbie and Zane won.

"Thats what's up" she says, pointing over to the couple next to them with her thumb. "Can we go somewhere else?"

David studies the look on Liza's face and he can tell it's not just Corinna and Todd that's bothering her but he doesn't know why he's able to tell that.

"Where do you want to go?" He asks, already standing to his feet and holding out his arm to help Liza up. She takes is quickly and hooks her arm and his.

"I know a place we can go"

They walk in silence to Liza's spot. She tries to stop herself from taking this strange boy to her secret hiding place but for some ungodly reasons, she wants to show David.

Under the pier, it's cool, damp and silent. The way Liza loves it. She takes a seat on the sand and finally breathes out. David furrows his eyebrows but follows her actions and takes a seat in the sand next to her.

"This place is....cosy?" He says, unsure of which adjective suits this place best. She hums in agreement, her eyes closed and breathing steady.

David reaches for a stick and begins to draw patters, shapes and words in the thick golden sand.  Liza watches carefully as he writes his name. She too reaches for a stick and joins him. In no time they're having competitions to see who can draw the best object and bickering about each other always being bias.

"How did you find this place" David asks as he gives up drawing and starts to hug his knees to his chest. Liza tugs a strand of hair behind her ear, debating if telling him the truth is the best idea, considering they just met, maybe it's not.

"I was just walking along the beach and I came across it" she lies and David knows she's lying to him but again doesn't call her out.

"I better get going, do you need a ride home?" He asks. David knows he shouldn't be pissed about her lying to him. They're strangers to each other, he doesn't expect her to open up about everything that she's been through, he just wished she wouldn't lie about it.

"You're leaving already?" Liza asks as she stands up quickly. He nods his head, looking down at the sand. She doesn't even know why his mood has changed all of a sudden but she doesn't like it.

"Bye Liza. See you around"

Liza watches as he walks away from her. She can't help but feel sad. It's not his fault. She can understand that she gets a little annoying and boring to be around but she actually liked David. He's one of the good ones. He just doesn't like her.

And then, Liza was left to end her day the way she started it. Alone and crying.

She hates the first day of summer.

~~~~~

Hi !!
im trying to upload as many times as I can so I have more time to write new chapters!

this chapter is non edited therefore may have grammar/ spelling mistakes in it - sorry!

have a question? Leave a comment!

bye :)