XVI

When Kris died I got full custody of Marcus and Jamaal, I moved them into my lil two bedroom house I used to share with Nini and Nique. They cried their little eyes out; it hurt me knowing I couldn't stop their pain.

Today was the day of her funeral I wasn't feeling to good I haven't been feeling right for awhile, but I had to go I wanted them to say goodbye. "Y'all ready to go?" I asked coming into their room Marcus was fully dressed well almost he couldn't tie his tie, Jamal wasn't dressed at all he still had on his spiderman boxer's that he went to bed in and he was still playing his game.

"Dude what are you doing get ready." I said turning the game off he sucked his teeth, huffing and puffing all the way to the closet. "Man I can't do this shit!" Marcus yelled throwing his tie down I tried to help him but he snatched the tie out my hand.

"Let me help."

"No, I don't want your help... I don't understand why we gotta go to this stupid shit anyways!"

"Okay, first stop cursing you ain't grown and she is your mother... Let me help you." He put the tie in the garbage. "I don't want to wear it!" He said slowly.

"Okay, Whatever don't wear it but you are going so please help your lil brother get dressed." I said walking out the room.

They got dressed then we left, Kris didn't have many friends and she cut her family off a long time ago so the funeral was small and quick.

We we're driving to get something to eat when I was starting to feel sick to my stomach again, I had already threw up two times today and I haven't even ate anything.

We went to a Chinese restaurant I looked around for Nini and Nique they waved me over, I kissed them both before sitting down Marcus and Jamal went straight to order they food. "Girl you look like shit!" Nini said I laughed. "I feel like shit." I said popping a aspirin.

"What's wrong?" Nique asked touching my forehead. "I have no idea one day I just woke up feeling this way."

"Maybe you just stressed you know, you got a lot of responsibility now with having to care for two teenage boys and work... It's a lot."

"They are not teenagers!" Marcus came back with my food. "It came up to $34." I handed him a $50 bill. "Bring me back my change."

"But we still gotta get drinks and I wanna go to the game stop next door."

"You got money." I said.

"Yea but what if the game I want cost like $30." He argued. " Yo brother got money!"

"What if he needs his money."

"OMG never mind." He laughed then went back to pay for the food. "Look they already taking your money... When is you gone give them children back, you can't take care of them that's too much!"

"Give them to who? I'm all they got."

"They ain't got no grandparents or auntie's." Nini asked with a disgusted look on his face. "Bitch you act like you taking care of them!" Nique said.

"I'm just saying you 22 don't you wanna have fun, bitch you still a virgin you can't even fuck in the bathroom cause you got kids!" I smiled thinking back to a couple months ago when I lost my virginity to my best friend. "What the fuck you smiling for?!"

I shook my head nothing. "I think you can do it, your a phenomenal woman and phenomenal women can do anything... Nini wouldn't know that cause he's not a woman just wants to be one... Don't listen to him you gone make a perfect guardian." Nique said I smiled.

"Ooop, Bitch hurtful!" Nini said placing his hand over his heart I laughed. "Thanks boo."

We ate our food then we had to go search for Marcus and Jamal cause they wasn't were they said they was gone be, I gots to get them a phone.