Chapter 26

Riley' s POV

Me and Alex spended some time together, I wasn't that over the whole Kara situation and her. It was me Beatrice, Alex and Sandy in the cafeteria, it was another day without her. I looked to the side and saw my stepmother looking around when her eyes met mine, she signaled over for me to come, she was sitting with a group of old people. I got up to go but Alex grabbed my hand, I turned and saw those chocolate eyes I love. "Sorry Riley but your mom is a bad influence" she said staring at her.

I pulled my arm away which sent her in shock "She's not my mother and don't stop me from doing something I want to do" I said. She looked taken aback, I saw a hint of anger. Why should I always listen and trust her. She took that away. I walked over to her, She patted spot beside her to which I sat. "Sorry for your friend" she said.

I shook my head "it's okay, let's not talk about that" that was a week ago, and I don't want to be reminded of that event. "So, Riley I was wondering if you would like to take up a job for me" she said. I instantly got up and went to leave. She spoke up again "It can give you alot of money dear."

I turned back to her and sat down again, I knew it was selfish but I really need money so I can buy the things I needed. "How much?" She smiled in victory "100 dollars" I never actually knew how she got this money but I didn't question. "What do I have to do?" I asked. "You know your friend Maria?" I nodded. "She has some drugs that she stole from us, kill her."

I opened my mouth in shock, she would think I would kill Maria, hell no. "Why would I do that, don't go near her" I said. She studied my face for a while "C'mon you know you want the money"

Deep down there was something but I shook if off. "Not in a million years" she shook her head "Fine, you don't need to do the killing, just take the drugs back" I decided what to do and I nodded. "Okay, show me the money first." She nodded and got up signaling for me to follow.

I walked past Beatrice, Sandy and Alex. Alex didn't look at me. I followed her out and into a storage room. She took out a bag filled with cash. "How the hell did you get all of this!" I asked. She covered my mouth putting her finger to her lips. "Be quiet for goodness sake!" She said.

I heard footsteps coming to us so I pushed my stepmother off to the side, She landed on her bottom which I didn't care. I crouched behind a box of stuff and peeked over to see Maria and Officer Brady coming in. Maria glanced everywhere looking to see if anyone was here. "Okay no one's here" as soon as she said. Brady started kissing Maria hungrily. I looked away and almost vomited.

Brady picked Maria up and started taking off his shirt. I couldn't stay here and watch them and neither could my stepmother, She moved over to me and put her hands over my eyes. I swapped her hands away and gave her a death glare. I took a crumbled piece of paper and threw it to the side of them. They both panicked.

"What was that!" Maria said. "It was nothing, don't worry about it" Brady said. Ah fuck that douche. They continued making out as Brady started pulling Maria's pants. I made another big noise but they ignored it. Brady better fucking stop. Why would Maria want to do this.

"Maria!" I heard a familiar voice coming from the door and saw Alex. Maria pushed Brady off of her. "What are you doing!" Alex asked. "Please don't tell anyone" she said. Maria left quickly with Brady, while Alex stayed inside laughing "I know your here Perezfect, and the evil stepmother"

We got out of our hiding stops, while Alex ran to hug me. I didn't know why but I hugged her back, I loved her presence, when I was with her she made me completely forget about everything. She pulled away "Your glad I saved you guys in time" she said smiling. Alex turned to my stepmother and held her hand out.

"I don't think we had a proper introduction, I'm Alex, your stepdaughters daddy" she said. I smiled and felt my cheeks get red. My stepmother took her hand. While staring at eachother. "I'm Linda, and thanks for the help" my stepmother said.

I knew Alex hated Linda, why was she acting kind?