Chapter 28

"Perez down to the meeting room" the speaker went off. I walked down tiredly out of my bunk and opened the door to the meeting room.

I opened to see the person I never thought I'd see. "Dad!" I ran up to him and hugged him tightly, tears streaming down on my face. He had a better body now, He was in good shape which made me smile. He pulled away from me and smiled. I could see tears in his eyes. "Riley....i-i I'm sorry" he said looking down. I shook my head "it's not your fault" I said. He shouldn't think it's his fault, it was all that evil witches plan.

I've never seen him in a long time, I could see he wanted to tell me alot. We sat down as he placed his hands on the table nervously.

"Riley I have been doing fucked up stuff lately, I'm sorry for not helping you with your stepmother, you're here because of me"

He started crying. I placed my hand on his shoulder "Dad, I'm okay see?" I said gesturing to me. I continued "So, why now dad?" I asked. He could've came to see me a long time ago but he didn't.

He looked up and smiled "Well Riley, I've been gathering up money" he said. I raised my eyebrow in confusion "For? Well I mean you had alot of money" I said. He took my hands "To bail my daughter out" I opened my mouth in shock and hugged him again crying. The officer yelled at me so I pulled away.

"Dad....i don't know what to say....thank you!" I yelled

He smiled "Its my job to protect you so I had to, i love you alot kiddo, I can't live knowing you're gonna be here for a while" he said. This was all going so fast yesterday was the worst day while this was the best day, i'm getting out of here!

"Meeting time is over" the officer said. We both stood up "Riley don't worry, I will bail you out, stay safe." I hugged him again and watched him leave.

----

I walked into the cafeteria feeling joyful while everyone stared at me confusingly. I took an empty seat since I just wanted to be alone with no fights until I get out. I watched the entrance and saw Alex walk inside. My heart literally skipped a beat as always. She walked with that confident posture and I liked it. But....I'm gonna be gone, im not gonna get to see her everyday anymore.

Beatrice came and pulled Alex along with her. I ate my breakfast more quickly. "Why so happy? I mean it's good, but why?" Beatrice asked. I felt Alex eyeing me.

"....im getting bailed out" right when the words came out silence went from both of them. Alex tensed up. "That's amazing!" Beatrice said hugging me.

"I have to go" Alex said she quickly stood up and left her food while running away from the cafeteria. Since I was done with my breakfast I went after her. She went into her bunk, I followed her in, as soon as I came in, there were arms wrapped around me. She held me tightly and whispered

"Please don't go"

I holded back tears. I pulled away from her and kissed her like it was my last time. She cupped my face. I could feel her tears on my face. "I have to" I said. I really loved Alex I didn't want to leave her but couldn't be stuck here getting tortured everyday.

She pulled me closer to her "I want you to go but I also want you to stay" she said. "Alex..." She holded her hand up. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry for being rude to you, I'm sorry for everything I've done bad to you, it was all the feelings I had for you that I didn't want anyone else to take you from me. I know you probably hate me but please....please know that I always loved you even though I sometimes would not show it. Everyone is always leaving me for someone else but this time I want you to leave,I want you to have a good life, so forget about all our fights, forget about our heartbreaking times, forget about us and forget about me."

I shook my head crying on her shirt. "I could never forget about you" she holded my face closer to her, "Neither can I but we have to, you need to" she said. "Maybe we might meet again or maybe we wont" she said. Alex then pulled away from me and pushed me towards the bed. She cuddled next to me. With her arms around me. I could never feel this protection ever again. She whispered into my ear.

"If we do, I will say four words"