Take it slow

* Elle's POV *

"Kels I don't think I can stay here" I sobbed. "Do you want to like go home?" she asked hugging me. "I don't know I just can't be here I told him I was here", "but Elle what if he comes back?" she asked. "I'm too scared to and who says he's even going to come? he could be off with her" I said wiping my eyes. "Elle you need to sweetheart if you want I'll stay with you". I nodded. "Come on let's go to bed" she said helping me up.

**************

I didn't sleep. I couldn't stop thinking about it. The image of him kissing her just wouldn't leave my mind. I tried crying myself to sleep but I couldn't. To be honest I didn't want to see anyone. I'd just break down.

So it was so ironic when Jay walked in. "Hey baba" he said sitting down beside me. I just stared ahead of me and ignored him. "I know what happened" he said. Oh really? I think everyone knows!! "I don't think he would have done it Elle. I mean come on you're his fiancé! and you two are so happy together" he continued. Was his fiancé. Was. "He's going to come back" he said. "I don't think I can face him if he does" I whispered. "Come ere'" he said pulling me into his chest.

All my memories started coming back and tears streamed down my face. "I thought he loved me" I cried. "Shhhhh, he does Elle he does" he said stroking my head.

Everyone else went out that night. I convinced them to just leave me alone. Every single person it's just 'I'm so sorry' and 'don't worry it'll be fine'. What if it's not though? What he doesn't come back and gives the engagement ring to her instead?

I grabbed my Ben and Jerry's and got into my jammies. I took the blanket from my room and turned on Netflix. I lined up all the junk food on the table along with a sneaky bit of drink. No ones in the house they won't know. I turned on NCIS. I started to stuff my face with ice cream and junk.

Donozo was teasing McGee as he does. It lighten my mood a bit.

I suddenly heard the door open. "Kels I told you I don't want to go out! I just want to be alone" I yelled. There was no answer. "Okay then" I mumbled to myself. Seriously like don't be so rude and in the middle of NCIS. I heard them as they walked into the kitchen. By then I knew who it was. Fuck fuck fuck fuck. Kill me now.

"Love?" his voice said walking in. Don't look Elle.

"Don't call me that" I said looking at my ice cream. "Elle please just let me explain" he said. He was now right in front of me. I looked up to see him. Fuck sake. He was wearing the hat I brought him. My eyes started to water. "Nathan every time I think of you I see that and it's killing me because I can't stop thinking about you" I cried. "You need to know that she kissed me I didn't want to kiss her" he cried holding my face. "When I went to work with her, her boyfriend just broke up with her and I was just being a nice friend" he said. "Elle I want I marry you... I want to be with you forever please believe me please" he begged while crying. He took my hands and dropped his forehead onto them. "We can meet up with her or something and she'll tell you I swear love I have no .feelings for her. I need you I want you please Elle I can't go on without you please" he sobbed into my hands. I made my cry even more. I've never seen him like this.

"Why did you come back?" I asked. "Why do you think? I needed to get you back! I'm not going back either I'm staying here and I don't care how long it takes I want you back." He yelled.

"We never broke up Nath" I said looking back up at him. He smiled. "Just let me take you somewhere just us? For like a weekend" he said. "I don't know Nath, I'm not sure if it's a good idea" I said. He's not getting me back this easily even though I've already made my decision.

"Fine we can bring the boys and we'll go to the Bahamas and we'll do the team building exercises we never got to do" he said. I nodded. "Can I at least take you out for one dinner?" he asked. I giggled. "Why are you so desperate?" I asked. "Because I want to back and I want to show you that you are everything to me" he said cupping my face. "Can I at least get a hug?" he asked. I nodded and wrapped my arms around him.

I believe him. I know he'd never do that. He's a gentleman. But it's too soon to get straight back into things. It will be like starting over again. It might go slow, it might go fast but by the end we'll be happy. I know we will.