We'll get through it

* Nathan's POV *

"This may upset you" he said. Fuck.

I took her hand and she just stared waiting for him to talk. She leaned her other arm down on the table and leaned her head on it covering her mouth.

"By the tests we were able to determine what blood type the baby is but there seems to be two blood types and well one baby can't have two blood types so we're guessing your expecting twins" he smiled. I squeezed her hand and she smiled at me. Two babies. That's perfect.

"What's wrong though?" she asked.

He sighed. "The other tests showed that you em..." He said.

"We think you only have one kidney" he said.

Oh my god. But she's pregnant? What if it effects the babies? She just kind of stared at him.

"Sometimes it can happen when a relative or parent has had it" he sighed.

"My dad had it" she sighed looking down. This isn't happening.

"Will it effect the babies?" I asked.

"If Elle stays on a specific diet and does certain exercises then yes but if something goes wrong we'll need to take the babies out earlier which couldn't jeopardise their health" he said.

She just nodded. "And when you have the babies we'll then have to operate and take it out and we can put you on the transplant list for a new one" he said.

"Do I have to go on medication?" she asked.

"You will have to but you can't when your pregnant" he replied.

"Okay well thank you" she said letting go of my hand and getting up.

He flustered and opened the door and we walked out.

We got to the car and sat down. She just looked at her hands. Normally I can tell if she's upset or annoyed but I can't tell right now.

"Love are you okay?" I asked holding her hand.

"I don't want to talk about it" she mumbled.

"Elle we need to talk about it" I said.

"Not now Nath!" she shouted.

I sighed and kissed her hand. I started the car and we drove home. It was pretty dark outside.

We got to the door and Elle raced upstairs. I don't blame her. Jess walked out from the kitchen.

"Hey Leah's asleep is Elle okay?" She said concerned.

"Em she's fine I'll call you later about it, thanks for looking after Leah" I said opening the door.

"Okay bye Nath" she said giving me a hug.

"Bye" I said closing the door.

I breathed out. I know she's upset about it of course she is. I'm over the moon because we're having twins! But her health is so important to me after everything that's happened to her.

I walked upstairs to hear whimpering coming from Leah's room. I walked in too Elle holding Leah sleeping. She had been crying. Her eyes were red and she was sniffling. They were sat up against the wall. I sat down beside Elle and looked down at them.

"She's so beautiful" she sniffed.

"She's just like her mum" I smiled. Elle smiled down at her.

I picked Leah up slowly and put her in her cot. I walked back to Elle and looked down at her.

"Don't make me pick you up to" I joked. Well done Nath probably not a good time for sarcasm.

She slowly stood up and looked down at her hands. I took them and she looked up at me. I knew she was about to cry.

"I'm scared" she cried.

"Awh babe" I said pulling her into me.

"Everything's going to be okay" I assured her.

"No it's not Nath, I saw what he went through and it was scary for me to watch! I can't even imagine what it's going to be like for me! he was in so much pain even on medication and I'm not going to be on it because I'm pregnant!" she cried.

I held her face up to look at mine.

"We're going to get through this okay?" I said. I could feel tears in my eyes looking at her."we'll get through this and then we'll get you another kidney, I promise you I'll do whatever it takes to make you better" I cried kissing her head.

A few more tears trailed down her face before she said "what about the babies? What if they're not okay?"

"They'll be fine, you'll stay on the diet and work out love you and them will be fine"

"Okay?"

"Okay" she said. I pulled her back into me and kissed her head.

"I love you so much I won't let anything happen to you or the babies" I said.

"I love you too" she cried.

I made her a cuppa and we sat on the couch. I pulled her into me and we watched a movie.

"Just think we'll be married in Hawaii and then we'll get home and have 3 lovely babies and everything will be perfect" I whispered in her ear.

She smiled.

I pulled her onto me so I was holding her like a baby.

"I'll be you're Nurse Nathan" I joked.

"Never say that again" she smiled.

I laughed and we fell into a comfortable silence.

"Thank you Nath" she mumbled into my chest.

"What for?",

"Everything" she sighed.

"Do you not know how amazing you've made my life?" I asked.

"Nath stop" she said embarrassed.

"I'm serious you've made my life so much better! You're the best thing that's ever happened to me" I said holding her face. I knew she felt embarrassed because she's not as open about her feelings as me.

"You've given me a beautiful baby girl and now we're having two more babies and we're getting married" I smiled rubbing her cheek.

"You know I feel the same right?" she asked as a tear fell from her eye.

"Of course I do" I smiled wiping it away.

"I love you Nath" she smiled.

"I love you too" I said looking into her eyes.

I leaned in and kissed her slowly.

Sorry it was a bit short I didn't want to leave you all on a cliff hanger for long but will hopefully update later or tomorrow. This was hard to write so I hope you like it! Please tell me what you thought xx