Not this again

I shot up in the bed with the worst pain I've ever felt in my back. I tried standing up but it was that bad I couldn't.

At first I thought it was a contraction but then the pain was coming from my back. It's my kidneys. Fucking great.

"Love what's wrong are you getting contractions?" Nath asked holding my shoulder.

I shook my head and scrunched my eyes in pain.

"Kidneys" I hissed as the pain got worse.

"Come on we need to get you to a hospital",

"No the doctor said this could happen, I'll be fine I just have to go through it" I whined. He sighed pulling me closer to him. "Are you sure? the babies are due soon" he asked.

"I don't know" I cried burying my face in my hands.

"Nath it hurts so much!" I groaned louder. He pulled my head into his chest and kissed it.

"Sshhh". "I don't care I'm not seeing you like this, let's go" he said putting his out to me. I tried taking it but moaned loudly when my legs fell. Luckily he caught me. He sighed and picked me up bridal style. I must be so heavy now but I don't think he minded much.

He rushed me into the car and we sped off to the hospital. He kicked the doors open holding me.

"I need a doctor right now!" he yelled. Suddenly I was being lifted onto a gurney and I couldn't see him. They put a breathing mask over my mouth.

"Nath" I whined taking it off and looking around.

"Ms you need to keep this on" he said moving it back.

"Nath!" I yelled again. I didn't feel safe like this. Suddenly his face appeared near mine and he took my hand.

"I'm here okay? I'm here" he said kissing my hand. I squeezed it and tears escaped my eyes.

They pushed me along until we got into a weird room. My vision was blurry I didn't know what was going on. I could hear Nath's voice.

* Nathan's POV *

Her eyes started to close and I freaked out.

"What's going on? Elle! Wake up! Why is she like this?" I yelled at the closest doctor to me.

"It's the medication she's falling asleep sir she's fine" he replied calmly.

"She's not alright! She's pregnant with twins and only has one kidney of course she's not fine!" I screamed.

"Sir if you don't calm down I'm going to ask you to leave" a nurse said. Well she can fuck off.

Elle's heart rate on the machine started racing and everyone crowded around her.

"Elle" I muttered. Shit.

"Sir please wait outside" he said pushing me away.

"What's going on? Is she okay?" I asked.

"Please sir just wait outside"

"You fucking prick that's my wife just let me see her!" I said almost hitting him.

Before I knew it security were escorting me out into the waiting room.

I finally realised Leah was at home. Crap. I texted Jess and told her to go over. Why is this happening?! I can't believe they won't even tell me what's wrong with her.

I quickly stood up seeing the doctor coming out of the room.

"Nathan" he said.

"What?" I asked.

"Elle's lost both kidneys.... we need to take the babies out now" he said sternly.

"What?!"