Beep beep

It's been a week and Elle still hasn't woken up. I visit her everyday. I just talk to her about everything really... the news, the boys and Leah. I ask her things to but obviously she can't reply. She's actually fully better but since she hasn't woken up she can't feed the babies. To be honest I'm so worried. I can't lose her or them. They're my everything.

It was Saturday and I went in to see Elle with Leah. She's so close to talking. I almost got a full sentence out of her that morning.

I carried her in and we sat down in the chair beside Elle's bed. I pulled us closer and Leah reached out for Elle.

"Mm...mmaammaa" she spoke. I kissed her head.

"I know princess" I replied.

I hugged Leah as the machine Elle was hooked up to beeped and beeped. We just sat in silence for a while looking at her.

"I'm falling apart,

I'm barely breathing,

With a broken heart, that's still beating,

In the pain, there is healing,

In your name, I find meaning

Cause I'm holding on, I'm still holdin,

I'm holding on, I'm still holding

I'm hanging on, another day,

Just to see what, you would throw my way,

I'm hanging on, to the words you say,

You said that I would... Would be okay" I sang to her while tears rolled down my face. She wrote that song after that night many years ago.

"Just please come back, for me.." I stuttered.

"For Leah for the babies, please" I cried.

"Mr. Sykes two more minutes" the nurse said. "Yeah okay" I said putting Leah into her carrier. I went back up to Elle and stroked her hair. I leaned in and pecked her lifeless lips. A tear from my eye fell onto her cheek and I wiped it away.

"I love you"

* Elle's POV *

What he didn't realise is that I could hear everything he was saying to me. I could feel him touching me. But I couldn't move at all. When he sang that song it made me break down but I couldn't. I felt his touch against my lips and I felt a warm rush come over me.

It's just dark. I can't do anything. I need to do something. I need to come back. I need to fucking move!

The next was the usual and Nathan came back. He talked to me for a while about the boys and how Leah is practically talking. That's amazing. He kissed my head before saying.

"Don't worry I'm just going to the bathroom"

I knew he was smirking to himself. I could just tell.

Come on Elle you need to move. You need to come back. Let's start with our fingers okay yeah fingers. Let's try give them a little wiggle.

I tried for ages but then I felt it. My finger twitched. It twitched. I moved it. I tried even harder until my wrist cracked and my hands were tightening together. I tried my toes and they started to move. Oh my god... Okay okay calm.

Eyes. I want to see. I thought about it. Open your eyes. I begged my body and I felt my nose scrunch. Come on. I felt my eyebrows move upwards and then went back down. Suddenly they burst open but I was blinded by the lights. Wow they were bright. I could hear the machine beeping. It suddenly picked up it's pace and a bad noise happened.

My hands kicked into high speed and pulled the tubes out of my nose. I panted with the feeling of normal air. I sat up and moved my legs.

"You're awake! don't move please!" the nurse yelled running into me.

"Stop!" I yelled. Suddenly doctors were around me pushing me back down onto the bed.

"What's going on?!" I heard his voice.

"Nath! Nath make them stop Nath!" I cried. His beautiful green eyes connected with mine and at first he beamed his perfect smiled but it turned into anger when he realised what was happening.

"She's awake leave her alone" he yelled pushing through them.

"Elle if you stop moving we'll let you go, you can't move too much you might hurt yourself" the doctor said. I sighed and he let me sit up. They all slowly backed away.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"Fine" I replied.

"Okay I need you to just stay in bed and rest, the nurse will bring you some food and then we'll give you an ultrasound okay?"

I nodded. They all flustered away and Nathan came back into my sight. He ran into me and squeezed me tight.

A tear ran down my cheek due to the happiness of seeing him. He cupped my face and wiped away my tears.

"You're okay" he smiled pressing our foreheads together.

I nodded and smiled back at him.

"I love you so much I'm so sorry" I cried.

"Sssshhhhh love I don't care about anything you're okay that's all that matters to me" he said leaning in and kissing me. I missed his lips. They were like a drug to me. Now I was high on them.

"I could hear everything you said" I smiled.

"Really?" he asked.

I nodded.

He leaned in and kissed me more passionately.

"Sorry to interrupt but I got some food for you Elle" the nurse smiled walking in. I thanked her and literally devoured it so fast. I was starving and feeding two others beings. Jesus.

Nathan chuckled to himself before the doctor came in with his machine.

"Okay Elle well we can do an ultrasound for you now" he smiled. I smiled back.

He lifted up my hospital gown thing and I saw my bump. It had gotten bigger since the last time I saw it. I lay my head back and Nathan took my hand. He put the cold gel on my stomach before the machine started to make noise.

We heard pounding noises and I knew it was their hearts beating. They're alive. I breathed out in relief.

"Do you want to know the sex?" he asked.

Nathan kissed my head. "Yes , please" I replied.

"Well congratulations you'll be having two baby boys" he smiled. Wow two boys. That means there's more boys then girls now. They'll look identical to Nath. More babies sloths.

I suddenly felt annoyed because I knew Nath wanted another girl. He smiled up at me.

"But you wanted a girl" I said.

"I know but I don't care, they're our babies and I'll love them no matter what" he said kissing my cheek.

I smiled back and surprisingly yawned.

"You need sleep" the doctor said.

"The babies look okay but I won't be entirely sure until they're born, in the meantime we've put you on the transplant list and things should go well" he smiled.

Nathan smiled back at me and kissed me again. I pulled him into the bed and he wrapped his arm around me. I nuzzled my head into his neck. My eyes closed.

"I love you Nath",

"I love you too"