I need you

I woke up to my alarm clock ringing. I had the worst headache. I went into Leah's room and picked her up.

"You okay princess?" I asked. She nodded. I feel bad Elle has missed so much. Leah can do loads now. We'd have tiny conversations here and there. She's sad she can't go see her brothers but I'll bring her today. I'm partly scared how she'll rect to seeing Elle though.

I carried her downstairs and brought her into the kitchen. I put Leah down at the counter.

"What do you want for breakfast Lee?" I asked.

"Coco pops" she laughed playing with her spoon. It reminded me of Elle. They looked so alike it's unreal. I smiled at the memories of when Elle would kill Tom when he ate her coco pops.

I put the milk into the plastic bowl then gave them to her before she started eating. I made myself a cuppa before looking at the calendar.

I almost spat my tea out looking at what day it was. Fuck. I put my hand to my mouth and fell to the floor. It's Elle's last day today.

******************

I carried Leah through the crowd of paps screaming at me going into the hospital keeping our heads down. I walked down the hall and knocked on Elle's door. The nurse opened it.

"Oh hi Nathan come in" she said.

I walked in to see Elle feeding the twins. She had gotten so thin it was scary but her eyes lit up when she saw Leah.

"Hiii princess!" she said.

"Mommy" Leah smiled. The nurse took the twins and put them down for a sleep. I carried her over to them.

"These are your brothers Lee" I smiled. She put out her finger and I gently let her touch them.

"We have to be quiet because they're asleep" I whispered.

"Shhh" Leah said putting her finger to her mouth. I smiled and brought her back to Elle. Elle cuddled her and kissed her head. The doctor suddenly came in.

"Nathan can I talk to you please?" he asked. I nodded and stepped out.

"I'm presuming you know today is the day" he said. I nodded again.

"Well what's going to happen is when Elle goes to sleep tonight we're basically going to just turn the machine off and then she won't wake up" he sighed.

I didn't know how to take it. She can't leave me. Not now. She's so young and a mother she can't. He shook my hand and I went back inside.

Elle was crying holding Leah. It confused why she wouldn't let me help her. We could have a match for gods sake! I sighed and sat down beside her.

"I think it's time for you to read it" she said looking at the letter.

"I don't want to" I replied looking down.

"I just want to help you" I teared up.

"Elle you're so young, you have three kids and a massive group of friends that love you! They love you so much they would donate for you in a heartbeat" I cried.

"Nath please don't do this now" she said. How is she not crying?

"This happened because I'm not meant to be here anymore... this happened for a reason-"

"This happened because it was passed down to you! You don't deserve any of it!" I screamed.

Leah started to cry.

"Ssshhhh princess it's okay" Elle whispered to her. She looked up and handed me the letter.

"Please just read it" she begged. I took it and got up. I went into the hallway and opened it slowly. My hands started to shake as I folded out he paper.