Chapter Two

The Day They First Met

Aaron Wade Clark sat beside his wife Elaine Clark as she nursed their newborn. He pulled out his phone and declined the call from office, debating on simply tuning it off. His mutli billionaire business could wait, family came first.

Elaine looked up, her green-blue eyes shone with love.

"She is perfect..." She whispered stroking the lush auburn hair on the baby's head.

"Yes she is" Aaron said.

"Ariella Marie Clark" Elaine said as Aaron leaned forward and kiss her.

A nurse walked in with charts and handed them to Elaine, who was herself a doctor.

"You asked for the charts?" Aaron asked, amused

"Yes. I couldn't help it" Elaine laughed as she adjusted baby Ariella in her arms.

"The godparents are here!" Rose Steele said as she waddled in, eight months pregnant with her second child. Dante Steele, her husband walked in behind her, their three year old son, Kaden with him.

Dante and Rose Steele were basically family to Aaron and Elaine. Dante had been close friends with Aaron since his childhood and now Elaine and Rose were also good friends. Aaron was also the godfather of Kaden.

"Congrats man!" Dante said as he patted Aaron on the back and placed a kiss on Elaine's head. Rose hugged the new parents and looked at the baby.

"She is so gorgeous! I hope this little one is also a girl so they can be best friends!" Rose laughed as she patted her own belly.

"Come here Kaden" Rose said as she lifted her son and placed him next to Elaine.

"Look it is a baby" Dante said as Elaine removed aside the blanket.

"Pwetty!" Kaden exclaimed as he clapped his hands, amazed.

"Yes pretty. It's a baby girl" Rose tried to explain.

"Baby girl! Kisses!" Kaden squealed and leaned forward to place a sloppy kiss on Ariella forehead as everyone around him awed and laughed at his action.

Little did Kaden know that one day this baby girl was going to own his heart and soul.

Eight years later

Ariella had just celebrated her eighth birthday day before yesterday and she still hadn't gotten around opening all her present. Azalea Steele, Dante and Rose Steele daughter sat next to her as both the girls peeled away at wrapping papers. Just like Rose had thought, the two girls were joined at hip.

"Your birthday is also coming soon! Are you also going to wear a tiara?" Ariella said as she set aside the new teapot set and grabbed another small wrapped present.

"I don't know yet. Oh look! Another kitchen set!" Azalea said as she set it up. The next moment Kaden barged into the room.

"Lea, mom just found out what you did to her makeup kit in her purse and she is mad." Kaden said as he plopped down next to the girls.

"Oh no! Don't open another one I will be right back!" Azalea said as she dashed out of the room.

"You looked like a princess on your birthday" Kaden said as he watched Ariella adjust the kitchen set.

"Of course I did you dummy! It was a princess outfit!" Ariella laughed as she shook her head.

"Oh" Kaden replied, his expressions confused.

"You want me to make you tea with my new teapot set?"

"Sure" Kaden said as he watched her make pretend tea, not aware of the pull she already had over him.