Chapter Thirty Six

"Dalton, don't get in the way. I need to talk to her. She's my girl."

Kaden strode towards Dalton. Dalton pushed him, sending him staggering back a few feet.

"Stay away from my woman."

"Yours? I told you to fucking take care of her not take her."

"Take care of her while you were starting a life with another woman god knows where?" Dalton roared.

Ariella couldn't believe this. He was here, right in front of her.

"That is none of your concern. Let me talk to my the mother of my child"

"What?" Dalton gritted out.

"What do you think? You would go around trying to make my daughter legally yours and I wouldn't even come to know?"

"She is not your daughter. You may have fathered her but I am raising her."

"Yeah. Stay the hell away from them Reynolds"

"You need to leave right now"

"The hell I do!" Kaden yelled and charged at Dalton.

Dalton blocked his punch and punched him in the ribs. Kaden landed a punch on Dalton's temple sending him stumbling back. Kaden grabbed Dalton by the collar but Dalton ducked and locked him with his arm. He could smell whiskey on Kaden.

"You are fucking drunk!"

Dalton kicked him in the leg and Kaden buckled on the ground.

"STOP!" Ariella yelled. "Stop please stop!"

"Jesus Christ! What the hell is going on?" Jayson came out followed by Aaron and Dante.

Elaine followed them with Elisha in her arms.

"Kaden?" Dante was shocked to see his son.

Dalton who was distracted by Ariella's scream didn't see as Kaden swung around and landed a punch straight in his face. Dalton fell back.

"STOP THIS NONSENSE!" Jayson ordered

"No one is going to keep me away from my daughter!" Kaden gritted out. He saw Elisha in Elaine's arms and started towards her but Dalton grabbed him from behind and threw him to the ground.

"Stay away from my daughter"

"Enough" Aaron and Dante took hold of Kaden as he aimed at Dalton again.

Ariella ran up to Dalton.

"Dalton..." She whispered as she gently touched his jaw

"Please go inside and take Elisha with you"

She looked at Dalton and then at Kaden.

"Go inside Ari. Please" Dalton said again.

She looked at Kaden.

"Ariella...it's me. Please you can't do this to me. Elisha is our daughter" Kaden said as shrugged out of Aaron's and Dante's grasp.

"Ariella" Dalton looked at her.

She took a step towards Kaden and then another.

Dalton felt his heart shatter. So it was going to be him.

She walked up to him.

"Ari...babe I know there is so much I need to explain---"

SMACK!

Ariella's hand connected with his cheek, whipping his face to one side.

"Don't you fucking dare come near my family you understand? And yes we need to talk because I want to end any connection that might be left between us but for fuck's sake sober up"

"Babe..."

Ariella slapped him again.

"It's Ariella for you, you piece of shit" Ariella spat out and walked back inside. She took Elisha from Elaine and walked into the house.

"Dante take your son home before I kill him" Aaron muttered as he walked up to Dalton.

"Could have thrown in a few more there son" he said to Dalton as he patted him on the back.

"Come on let's get some ice for your face." Jayson said as he watched Dante drag Kaden away.

Thankfully due to the music inside not many people got to know about the scene outside and Jayson giving an excuse of Ariella's health, alongside announcing her pregnancy bought the party to an end with dignity.

Dalton and Ariella were in their room. Her parents had asked them to come downstairs but she told it would be better if they talked in the morning. Aaron and Elaine had left.

Jayson had checked on Dalton and then taken Elisha to his and Kate's room.

Ariella sat down next to him and removed his tie and then jacket followed by his vest and dress shirt.

Dalton looked at her as she cleaned his face with warm water. She poured antiseptic solution on a cotton and wiped away the blood. Dalton winced as it stung his open wounds. He had a cut on his lower lip and above his right eyebrow. A bruise was formed around his right eye.

"You are not going to say anything?" Ariella asked quietly as she took his hands and cleaned his knuckles.

"I really enjoyed how you slapped him"

Ariella smiled and placed a kiss on the corner of his mouth.

"Why did you ask me to go inside?"

"I didn't want that bastard to hurt you or Elisha. He was drunk."

"And when I stepped towards him..."

Dalton closed his eyes, remembering that feeling. He knew he wouldn't able to stand feeling that way without losing his sanity.

"Dalton, look at me. It is you. It will always be you"

"But he is back"

"That doesn't change anything"

Dalton looked at her and hoped as hell it didn't because he knew his life would be worthless without Ariella and Elisha.

"I am going to take a shower. You should rest"

Ariella stood in the shower as the water poured down her body. Kaden was here. Why was he back?

Suddenly fear gripped her heart. What if he took Elisha away? But he couldn't. She knew Dalton would never let that happen. She wondered where his fiancée and son were. Why did he come back? Ariella let the tears fall along with water. Her life was amazing. It couldn't have gotten better but now her past was here to haunt her. What was she going to do? She knew this was wrecking havoc on Dalton as well.

She felt his warm body press against hers as he stepped in the shower and wrapped his arms around her.

"Let's forget about it for now" He whispered in her ear as he kissed his way down her throat to her shoulder and Ariella couldn't have agreed more. She needed to escape reality for now because she knew Kaden wasn't going to give up anytime soon. This was going to test her and Dalton's love. 

Please do comment and vote!

P.S: Thank you to all the readers who leave comments! I love reading all the comments you guys leave.