Chapter Twenty Five

"Ari, I am really sorry. I know I should have been there but this campaign just, I know I am a horrible friend."

Ariella sighed as for the tenth time she told Azalea that it was okay. Azalea was near tears. She understood the demands and hectic hours Azalea had to put in to gain some recognition in her field of profession. To top all the professional pressure were the problems at home. Kaden's parents were taking his sudden departure roughly and the recent picture of him that came up in the media wasn't helping either. The paparazzi were camped outside their house.

"Lea...let it be. I am not holding it against you. I love you"

"I love you more Ari. How are you doing now and how is the baby? Oh god, I am going to be an aunt and I heard you are staying with Dalton"

"Slow down woman" Ariella laughed and Azalea was relieved. She knew the hell her best friend had endured due to her brother and the recent news of him with another woman. It was one of the reasons she hadn't called Ariella immediately. She felt ashamed of her brother's actions. He was an idiot for leaving such a wonderful woman.

"I had an ultrasound today" Ariella continued "I will send you the picture. The baby is healthy and we will know the gender in the next ultrasound."

"How are things with Dalton? He is sort of...I don't know weird. He's like...doesn't talk much." Azalea said.

"Things are good with him." Ariella said, finding better words to start this with Azalea. She wanted to tell her.

"Oh crap. Look Ari I gotta rush. I have this meeting and yeah... I am sorry"

"Don't worry Lea. Talk to you later" Ariella said and hung up.

She got up from the couch and went looking for Dalton. She paused outside his study. She had recently explored the penthouse. Besides her bedroom which was the master bedroom and Dalton's room, there were two guestrooms, a gym and a study. Besides the two guest bedrooms, one room next to hers was locked and Ariella was intrigued but she didn't bother asking. She knocked lightly on the study door and entered.

"Hey, Dad. How are you?" Dalton asked as his father answered his call.

"I have had better days." He father growled as he snapped at someone to hurry the hell up.

"I seriously need to get better staff. These kids think just because they graduate from Ivy League, they own the world. Whatever happened to being punctual and actual manners?"

Dalton waited for Jayson to finish ranting. 

Jayson sighed. "Anyway you were saying?"

"So dad, I was planning to come home for the next weekend. I have something to share with you guys. I will bring along Sienna as well."

"Oh, that is great son. I will inform you mother, she is talking to Annie outside. Though I am pretty sure what it is" Jayson laughed.

"Dad, please"

"Okay, I will let you have your moment. We will be waiting"

"Thanks dad. I will see you on Friday then"

"Kate! We are going to be grandparents!" Dalton heard his father yell to his mother before he hung up. Dalton smiled and shook his head; so much for an announcement.

He leaned back and stretched his arms overhead. After the doctor's appointment, they had gotten lunch. Dalton couldn't wipe the grin of his face. Ariella was falling in love with him and he was going to be a dad. They had come home and Dalton had tough time keeping his hands to himself but he had some contracts he had to proof read and Ariella wanted to call Azalea who had left several voice messages in the morning.