Chapter Thirty Three

"What?" Dalton stood up, lifting Elisha along with him.

"You proposed..."

"We are going to have another baby?!" Dalton was ecstatic. "But first things first" He pulled Ariella towards him.

"I wanted to make this moment special with all the right gestures you know flowers, wine..." He whispered as he held her close. Elisha struggled against his hold and he set her down, placing both his hands on Ariella's waist. "But I guess this is how it is. So Ariella Marie Clark, will you marry me and make me the luckiest man alive?"

"Yes! Yes...I love you!" Tears slid down her cheeks as Dalton slipped on the stunning engagement ring on her finger. Dalton lifted her and claimed her lips with his own as Elisha squealed with laughter when Dalton swung Ariella around.

"When did you find out?" Dalton looked at her with wonder as he caressed her flat yet soft from her previous pregnancy stomach.

"This morning, I wanted to surprise you at the dinner but I guess I wasn't the only one who had planned a surprise" She smiled as she held her hand up and looked at the ring, his ring on her finger.

'I can't thank my stars enough for having you in my life Ariella. Thank you" Dalton kissed her again but was interrupted as his parents arrived.

"Dalton! Ariella!" Jayson called out from the foyer.

"Let's give the folks the good news" He said as they both took hold of Elisha fingers and went to meet his parents.

"Ah...there is my favorite grandchild!!!" Jayson exclaimed and Elisha bubbled with laughter...her tiny legs carrying as fast as they could. Jayson lifted her and spun her around, earning more of her squeals and laughter.

"How are you doing?" Kate asked Ariella as they settled down in the living room.

"Better now. She is sleeping so much better and the naps time help a lot" Ariella laughed. Elisha had Jayson wrapped around her little finger.

"Look what I got f...for you Eli" Kate said as she placed a bag on the table and pulled out a stuffed toy. Jayson handed her over and Elisha settled in Kate's lap.

"We have something to tell you" Dalton cleared his throat and grabbed Ariella's hand.

"I asked Ariella to marry me and she said yes" Dalton said as he threw his arm around Ariella's shoulders.

"That is w...wonderful!" Kate exclaimed as she got up and hugged them both.

"Congratulation son" Jayson said as he patted Dalton on the back and kissed Ariella's cheek.

"And we are pregnant" Ariella announced, leaving both Jayson and Kate shocked.

"This...What can I say? I couldn't be happier for you both" Jayson glowed with happiness. Kate couldn't stop the tears that were pouring down her cheeks. Dalton had always been the quiet one and preferred no one's company. Kate had always worried her son would lead a lonely life especially as he grew up and started sleeping around but now watching him radiant and a family of his own, Kate couldn't help but feel blessed.

"Mom" Jayson hugged Kate.

"I am s...so happy" Kate muttered as she wiped her tears.

"This calls for a celebration" Jayson said and Dalton nodded in response as he got up to grab champagne.

"Always keep m...my son h...happy like this. Thank y...you for being in his l...life" Kate said to Ariella.

"I am lucky to have him." Ariella whispered as she watched Dalton laugh about something with his father, his green eyes lighting up. He was her light, her anchor, the person who had pulled her out from under and saved her life when she had just about given up.