Chapter Five

Four Years Later.

Kaden fixed the collars of his shirt as he glanced at the time. They had a dinner date tonight and he didn't want to be late. The past four years had been the best years of his life. He had started his bachelor in technology at Columbia and Ariella had also been accepted at Columbia after high school for the bachelors in business administration program. They had spent so many memorable moments together. He had fallen deeper in love with her with each passing day. Even Aaron had warmed up to him and trusted him with Ariella but they had again hit a rough patch when he had asked Ariella to move in with him. Kaden moved into a penthouse near Columbia when he had started there. So when Ariella started her first year, he had asked her to move in with her. However Aaron was not at all comfortable with this decision.

"What do you mean you want to move in with him?" Aaron said as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Dad..." Ariella had walked up to him and held his hands. Kaden had stayed behind. He hate to put his godfather through this. He knew Aaron was over protective about Ariella. He watched as Ariella guided him to the sofa and sat down next to him.

"Dad I am an adult now. Sooner or later I would move out. Kaden and I have been together for over two years now."

"Look Ari if you want to move out, I am alright with it. How about we look into other properties around Columbia?"

"Aaron" Three of them looked towards the study door as Elaine walked in, her white coat folded over her arm, her stethoscope still around her neck.

Kaden watched as Aaron got up and moved towards Elaine, the love he held for her reflected in his eyes.

Kaden was lucky he grew up around his father and Aaron who treated the women they love with such respect and devotion. He wanted him and Ariella to have the same love and devotion as they progressed further into their life.

"What is going on now?" Elaine asked as she walked up to Kaden and hugged him.

"Ariella and I want to move in together"

"Oh" Elaine smiled and faced Aaron. "I can see where my husband is having trouble with that"

"Elaine...they don't need to move in just yet."

"Mom..." Ariella shot a pleading look to her mother.

"I will talk to your father. Don't worry. Now why don't you both head out and make the arrangements for Ariella to move in" Elaine laughed.

Kaden and Ariella left the room while Aaron ranted about how they would be sharing a bed and staying together 24/7 and Elaine reasoning with him.

Now they had been living together for two years. They had become the air they breathed for each other. However this year in fall he was heading to Harvard for his post graduation. He had applied for a combined program in master and PhD in engineering and micro technology. Ariella still had a year left of her bachelors at Columbia. Kaden hated the idea of moving away to Boston and imagining Ariella all alone here. Azalea had also moved to Paris after high school to pursue her education and career in fashion designing.

Kaden heard the shower turn off in the washroom. Ariella stepped out tightening the knot of her bathrobe.

She paused and feasted on the sight in front of her. Kaden was wearing a light grey button down shirt with blue denims. She woke up every day to his smile and kiss and even after being with him for all these years she found it hard to believe that this man was all hers. They had their share of fights, some worse than others but they always came around, learning from their mistakes and compromising.