Chapter Thirty Five

"I want a personal investigation"

Dalton straightened up and kept his wine glass on the sand. They were at the beach, lying on a blanket after dinner. It was their last night here in Westbrook.

"In regards to?" Dalton knew she was referring about Kaden. She had been preoccupied with it ever since she met Christine. It also crossed Dalton's mind a couple of times. How could Kaden be sleeping around and how could Dalton be such poor judge of character? It was either that or Kaden was one hell of an actor.

"Kaden. I want to get his past looked through with a fine toothed comb. I want to know how many were there"

"Look, I am not going to talk you out of this. I will arrange the company's PI but what is the point Ari? It will just bring on more pain and open up old wounds"

"I want to know till what extent that man stooped low; the man who I was going to marry and bring a child with into this world. I need to know. I just need to know"

"Alright, we are going to New York on Friday. I will talk to the PI at the company headquarters and see what they can find."

"Thank you" Ariella muttered as she leaned against Dalton.

"You are at one month and three weeks. The baby is perfectly healthy." Dr. Denise smiled as she finished the ultrasound.

It was Wednesday, three days before their engagement party. Today had been their first appointment at OB GYN.

Dalton leaned in and kissed Ariella.

"Thank you doctor" Ariella said as she got up.

"You know the drill by now. You can collect all the pre natal instructions and precautions from the reception. I will have your prescription sent in by tomorrow and you can collect the vitamins then. I will see you on our next appointment"

Dr. Denise smiled at the parents to be and left.

"You want to get a new dress for the party?"

"I already got one" Ariella smiled as she got into her clothes.

"Really? I was hoping I could spend the afternoon watching you model dresses for me" Dalton said as he stepped closer to Ariella.

"We should go home. Elisha..."

"Let her adjust to Maurice." Maurice was Mrs. Kathy's widowed daughter who had moved to NYC to live with Mrs. Kathy. When Ariella and Dalton decided to hire a nanny after their trip to Westbrook, Mrs. Kathy sent Maurice in for an interview. Maurice had worked as Nanny with several families in Chicago where she lived prior to the death of her husband.

"Okay"

"How about lunch?" Dalton said as he took her hand and they walked to the reception to collect the necessities.

They chose a small Italian diner near to the clinic for lunch.

"I was thinking of moving out before the baby comes" Dalton said as he poured juice for Ariella.

"But our OB GYN is here."

"How about we sell the penthouse and buy a house here in Boston? You know it would be an investment"

"We have sufficient rooms at the penthouse. We decided we will be moving after Elisha's second birthday either way."

"I just feel the penthouse isn't really a place for a growing child. She needs space to run around and play, like a backyard."

"If that's how you feel then we can look around."

"Good we can start looking when we come back from New York."