Chapter Thirty Seven

"Good morning beautiful"

Ariella's eyes fluttered opened to his husky voice.

"Good morning" Ariella rolled over and faced him. Dalton kissed her on her forehead. Ariella looked at his face. The bruise had darkened.

"Not a pretty view I know" Dalton muttered.

"It's perfect" Ariella sighed as she got up and kissed him on the cheek. She remembered the fight last night. She knew this much; Dalton was lethal when angry. She could see despite the damage he inflicted on Kaden, he had restrained himself and she prayed she never get to witness him unleashing himself without restraint.

"Mom and dad are coming over for breakfast." Ariella said as she grabbed his shirt and buttoned it up.

Dalton plopped back on his pillow. He wanted Kaden gone. He didn't want to wound up in jail for killing him.

"Dalton" She walked up to him and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Yes?"

"Please be open-minded about this. I know this going to be difficult but I need to talk to Kaden. There is so much I need to ask him and also tell him. There is eight years worth I need explanation for."

Dalton growled under his breath and sat up. He ran a hand through his hair and looked at Ariella.

"We will see to that when the time comes" Dalton said and Ariella nodded. She let it go for now.

"Dadda...owiee" Elisha said as she pointed at Dalton's bruise.

"Yes baby girl, daddy got hurt" Dalton said as he held Elisha. They were all sitting in the living room after breakfast.

"I don't know what to make if this situation" Aaron said as he sipped on his coffee.

"Just when things were getting better. How are Dante and Rose?" Jayson asked.

"Holding up. Kaden rented out a hotel. He didn't go home. He isn't talking to them." Aaron replied.

Ariella leaned her head against Dalton's shoulder, stroking Elisha's head as she started to doze off in Dalton's arms.

"Rose asked me..." Elaine said as she looked Ariella.

"No" Dalton said before Elaine could continue.

"She wants Ariella to talk to Kaden. Kaden is refusing to talk to anyone." Elaine continued despite Dalton's glare

"You can come with me Dalton." Ariella put in

"What is there to talk about?" Dalton gritted out.

"Son, don't let your feelings over rule the logic. Ariella and Kaden need to talk and sort out. They both need closure. Obviously something has happened. He also has a family now" Jayson said, leveling Dalton with a look.

"I don't want him near my family."

"We c...can arrange a m..meeting at the o...office building" Kate suggested.

"See, we can work this out. Look at this way, the fast they resolve whatever the reason he came back for, the sooner he goes back" Jayson said.

"He is back for Ariella and Elisha and I will not let that happen." Dalton stood up as Ariella took Elisha from him, who was now fast asleep, oblivious to the tense adults around her.

"We are not going anywhere" Ariella assured him. "He can fight for Elisha all he wants but no sensible judge will hand over custody to him." She continued