Chapter Twenty One

Hey guys,

If you love books and book related stuff then please do follow my instagram account @_theardentreader_. I post about my book collection, short reviews and other bookish posts. Would appreciate the follow! Thank you!

Dalton walked into his private elevator with breakfast for him and Ariella. He had gone for a run this morning. He thought back to last night and smiled. After he had confessed to her she had simply placed a hand on his chest and smiled at him. They didn't say a word to each other after that.

He hoped this didn't push things between them towards the awkward side.

He stepped into the foyer and placed breakfast on the kitchen island. He turned around and cursed.

Jayson was sitting in the living room, reading a newspaper.

"Hello Dalton" Jayson said as he kept the newspaper aside and unfolded his body from the couch.

"Seriously, dad?" Dalton muttered as he removed his t shirt and headed towards his room.

"Hello to you too son and for Christ's sake, at least don't wear signs of your nightly shenanigans on your body especially when you are living with the woman you love" Jayson said eyeing the red scratches on Dalton's chest.

Dalton winced at that messed up accusation and was about to contradict when Ariella walked into the living room still in the bathrobe.

"Oh, Mr. Reynolds...Hi" Ariella blushed crimson and turned on her heels, rushing back to her room.

Dalton rubbed his temples and faced his father.

"Really?" Jayson said smirking

"No...nothing happened..."

"Really?"

"Dad"

"Seriously?"

"Okay fine, we kissed."

"And?"

"And what?"

Jayson smirked and raised his eyebrows.

"And I told her I love her"

Jayson laughed and patted his son on the back.

"She looked happy"

"No dad. She is still grieving. I am not going to push her"

"As you say. Anyway, I came down to discuss some details you asked me to find. Go freshen up" Jayson said as he walked back to the couch and picked up the newspaper.

Dalton shook his head. Only his father could walk into a room and own it.

"Dalton" Ariella called out to him just as he was about to enter his room.

Ariella was mortified for walking out like that in front of Mr. Reynolds.

"I am sorry about that..."

"Don't worry."

"I just wanted to tell you that my dad called. He is going to be here by noon and he asked me to come to lunch."

"I will inform Paul" Dalton said referring to the driver

"Alright thanks"

Dalton nodded and entered his room. He hurriedly showered and dressed.

"Let's go to the office" Jayson said as Dalton came out knotting his tie.

"Yeah. Let me just tell Ariella"