Chapter Twenty Seven

Double Update!

Dalton prowled back into the foyer like a wounded animal. He had maintained a stoic expression as he had escorted Ariella to the car but not now.

He made a beeline for the bar and poured himself whiskey. He pulled out a ice box, threw a cube into the glass and then placed it throbbing fist in the ice box. He muttered a string of profanities as the cold stung against his cut skin.

"I said I am not in the mood or are you going to throw me against a table as well? And since when are you the one for talking?"

He threw back the whiskey and slammed the glass on the counter top. Did she really think so low of him that she presumed he would lay a hand on her? He had only punched Aidden twice or maybe thrice but he didn't kick him or hit him anywhere fatal. He could have crumpled him to a mess of bones and flesh but he didn't because he understood that he was family to Ariella and mattered to his sister even if he was hurting her at the given moment but he needed to give it to that boy, he couldn't just let him get away with hurting Sienna and he knew that Aidden wasn't a weakling. He was built just as well as Dalton and if he wanted he could have swung back equally but he didn't.

However it hurt him that she thought he would hurt Aidden to a serious extent and worse, her. Hadn't he made it clear to her what she meant to him?

"Dalton, I need space. We are still getting to know each other and yes we are heading somewhere but this side of you...I need to get my head around it"

He poured himself another drink. She needed space then that is what she would get. He had reacted like any guy would have reacted. Hell, her own father was going around throwing him against bathroom walls. He would sure as hell not let her take his love for granted. He had lived these many years with his heart encased in steel and now when he was letting it out, she was jumbling it around.

He was trying to meet her halfway, willing to wait but she is the one who wanted to take this ahead and he had agreed. Now that she saw something in him that she didn't like she made a run for it.

"Sir"

Dalton looked up to see Paul standing near the entrance of the living room.

"I have dropped Ms. Clark off at the Ritz-Carlton. She said she did not want to impose on Mr. Clark and Ms. Reynolds at this time."

"Thank you Paul."

Paul nodded and left.

So she lied to him.

He threw the glass against the wall. What the hell was going on? One minute they were murmuring over the ultrasound and the next she couldn't even stand him that she had to lie to him.

He was about to pour himself another drink when his phone vibrated in his pocket with a text.

"Hey sexy, I am in Boston"

Before he could tap out a reply, his phone rang out.

"Jessica" flashed on the screen. His finger hovered over the decline button but he paused. He knew this was so typical, sleeping with another woman while the one he loved was pissed at him but she was pissed for no reason and he was done falling to his knees for her. He was giving and giving and she was reluctantly trying to give and just when he thought they were making progress she pulls back. He appreciated her efforts but not at the cost of tainting his love.

He answered.

"Hello Jessica" He drawled.

"Hey, hot shot. I was in the neighborhood..."

"I will text you my address"

"Be ready for me"

"Always am"

Ariella checked out of the suite and hailed a cab. She knew she had over reacted and she was going to apologize. She did what she thought was best at the moment and that was walking out because she didn't want this to turn into a big ugly fight. She just didn't appreciate how he had lashed out at Aidden and Sienna. She would tell him this. She knew he was trying damn hard and she appreciated it. She decided to grab breakfast for both of them.

She punched in the code and got on the elevator.

She knew he was going to be angry at her. She knew that much from his expression when he had walked her to the car last night.

She stepped into the foyer and the breakfast slipped from her hands, the tea and coffee splattering on the marble floor. She looked at the scene in front of her.

A leggy brunette was straddling Dalton while wearing only his shirt, he was wearing yesterday while Dalton sat in his boxers. There was whip cream and strawberries on the counter top next to them.

She watched as Dalton leaned back and looked at her. The woman also turned around.

"I should leave" Jessica whispered to Dalton as she tried to get up but Dalton gripped her waist.

"I presume the Ritz Carlton was not comfortable enough?" He stared dead straight at Ariella, no expression crossing his face.

Ariella only half heard what he said. She was taking in the living room. There was a blanket on the floor, the table was moved to the side, on which lay a box of condoms. She tried to hold back tears.

"Well...I would tell you to get out but this place is as much as yours as it is mine. So my girl and I will take this party upstairs." He threw Jessica over his shoulder as she yelped out and laughed. He grabbed the bowl of strawberries and whip cream and with one last glance at her, walked off to his room.

Ariella collapsed on the floor. She let out a sob when she realized this pained nearly as much as the time when she found out Kaden had walked out on her, if not worse.

So Dalton is acting like a complete jerk but can you blame him or did he take it too far?

Do Vote and Comment!

P.S: I was listening to "Done for Me" by Charlie Puth (linked at the beginning) while typing this chapter and I felt it was the song for Dalton during this moment.