Chapter Fifteen

Dalton got out of his car as his driver pulled outside the restaurant. He threw on his aviators as the camera flashes from the paparazzi annoyed him. These pesky little creatures were everywhere.

He walked inside and the hostess guided him to where his parents were already seated.

"Where is Sienna?" Jayson asked as Dalton sat down.

"She got called at the hospital"

"I swear you kids are..."

"Dad, please not now"

"What am I and your mother supposed to do? You both have completely cut us off. "

Dalton felt a headache set in. He adored his parents but his dad needed to realize that they were no longer kids.

"L..leave all of t..his" Kate said as the waiter served their order. "T...tell me what is going on w...with you and Ari?"

"I have told you, I am in love with her" Dalton said

Kate looked at her son and then at her husband. She knew Dalton was treading in a dangerous territory.

"You do know she is you best friend's fiancé and is carrying his child" Jayson remarked.

"I am well aware of that. Kaden is no longer around and she is now his ex fiancée. I had stepped back for him back in high school but not this time, not now when she has no one. I will give my name to the baby if it comes to that and she accepts me."

"W...what if she d...doesn't?" Kate asked softly as she reached for Dalton's hand.

Dalton closed his eyes and leaned back. He knew this could take a turn for the worse and he could have his heart completely crushed by Ariella or Kaden could walk back into their lives but that didn't matter in the present. What mattered was that he loved Ariella and he wanted to be there for her, no matter in what way she accepted him.

"I would rather not think about that now" Dalton sighed.

"Look son, I understand what you are going through but there are a lot of people revolved around this. Do you think Dante and Rose would agree with you giving their grandchild your name? The child is after all their blood." Jayson looked at Dalton

"Look, I have said this before and I am saying this again. I am only doing what I deem fit for the present situation. I don't give a damn for what will come in the future. I will handle it as it comes and as for Mrs. and Mr. Steele, if they want to give their last name to the child then I am fine with it and moreover in the end it is Ariella's decision. These things don't matter to me. I just want Ariella to be happy and whole again. "Dalton said as he placed his napkin on the table and got up.

"Excuse me" he said and turned to leave.

"D..Dalton" Kate called out to him.

"I can't deal with this right now. I have things I need to get done. I will call later." Dalton leaned down to kiss Kate on the cheek and with a nod to his father, he walked out.

Dalton texted his driver and he bought the car up front. He settled into the backseat.

"Where to sir?" the driver asked.

"The hospital"

Dalton walked up the corridor that leads to Ariella's room. He sat on the chairs outside her room. The doctors were going to bring her out of sedation tonight. He looked up and saw Elaine walking up to him. She slid into the seat next to him.

"I talked to Aaron. He is still reluctant but he has agreed to Ariella moving in with you here in Boston. Don't break his trust." Elaine glanced at Dalton who had his head in his hands.

"We also want you to be the one to talk to her when she wakes up." Elaine continued.

"What makes you think she will listen to me? Dalton said as he straightened his posture.

"Just talk to her" Elaine said as she patted his arm.

"Have you talked to Kaden's parents?"

"Yes. They wanted to fly out today but Aaron told them not to rush. Dante has aged ten years in the past week searching for Kaden and Rose is inconsolable." Elaine sighed.

"They know about the baby and Ariella moving in with me?" Dalton asked.

"Yes they do. They said it is Ariella's decision and they will always support her regardless of anything"

Dalton nodded. He would talk to them himself as well when the time came.

Later that evening Dalton paced outside Ariella's room as the doctor's brought her out of sedation. Aaron and Elaine were inside with her. Aidden and Sienna sat on the chairs outside the room. His parents had flown back to NYC earlier in the evening but not before asking both Dalton and Sienna to be home for the weekend for a family dinner at home.

Ariella tried to open her eyes against the glare of the light. She felt groggy and disoriented. She tried and succeeded in opening her eyes only to have her head boomerang with pain.

She groaned out aloud and tried to focus on her surroundings.

"Ari, baby, it's me" Elaine said as she ran a soothing hand across her forehead.

Aaron stepped back and turned off the lights immediately above the bed.

"Sweetheart, how are you?" Aaron asked as he grabbed her hand.

Ariella focused on her parents' concerned faces. What was happening? A moment later the tsunami of the past week's events hit her and Ariella barely managed to draw in another breath. The wedding, Kaden leaving her, her moving back to Boston, though she could barely remember any events from being in Boston, it was all hazy. Then she remembered the brief moment she woke up in hospital and the words being uttered "You are pregnant". Her hand immediately reached for her lower abdomen. She couldn't comprehend what she felt at the moment. She had a part of him with her, a part that will always be a reminder of their love.

"This is too much" Ariella whispered, closing her eyes.

"Ari, we are all here for you" Elaine whispered as she caressed her hair

"I just want to go back to sleep mom. Why? Why all of this?" Ariella asked as a tear escaped and trailed down her cheek.

She was pregnant. She couldn't wrap her head around it.

"How far along?" She asked, her voice barely audible

"Almost two months" Elaine replied.

Arielle remembered her binge drinking. What kind of mother would she be? She had already put her baby in harm's way.

"Is the baby okay? I didn't even know and the alcohol, oh my god...mom!" Ariella was on the verge of hysteria. She couldn't process all these feelings.

"Shhh...everything is okay, sweetheart. The baby is safe."

"How did I end up here? Who brought me here?"

"Dalton had come over to meet you. He is still here, worried. I will call him in"

Aaron motioned to Elaine to stay and stepped out to call Dalton.

A moment later Dalton stepped in. He looked at Ariella and his heart clenched as he took in her pale face and dark circles.

"Oh thank god Dalton. You are here. Did Kaden contact you? Do you know where he is? Anything? Please tell me you talked to him. Please tell me he is coming back." Ariella asked and Dalton felt as if someone had ripped his heart out from his chest.

This chapter is dedicated to Dia for reaching out to me in the messages and giving ideas to pull me out of this writer's block. Thank you!

Hope you enjoyed!

Please do comment and vote!