Chapter Forty One

“So this is our wedding night?” Ariella said as she leaned against the door frame.

Dalton watched his wife walk out of the washroom in a skimpy black lingerie. His eyes trailed on her body, appreciating every curve he knew like the back of his hand.

They had come to the presidential suites in the Reynolds Inc. hotels; it was the first one and the start of the Reynolds Empire back in the 19th century. Jayson and Kate had given them the key as a wedding present, taking Elisha with them.

Dalton got up and walked up to her, placing his hands on her slim waist. He caressed her belly, feeling the subtle baby bump which was not yet visible.

“Yes, our wedding night” Dalton muttered as he trailed a finger along her spine. The suite was decorated beautifully with candles and flowers but everything had paled next to Ariella. Dalton took her hand and pulled her against his chest.

“I love you so much Mrs. Reynolds” He muttered against her neck. The next moment he lifted her up and placed her on the bed. He hovered on top of her, his arms placed on either side of her head.

“You are wearing way too many clothes” She said and Dalton smirked. He leaned back and swiftly removed his shirt, displaying his sculpted chest and abs. Ariella stared and felt damn lucky to have this man as her husband.

“Like what you see?” Dalton raised his eyebrow.

“Very much” Ariella said as she got up and pushed him back and straddled him.

“Oh the things I want to do to you husband dear”

Dalton stared, shocked by this sudden confidence in Ariella in the bed but enjoying it at the same time.

“Please do enlighten---“Dalton was cut off by his phone, his father’s custom ringtone filling up the room, a habit he had formed in college so he always knew when his parents were calling.

“Why is dad calling?” Dalton reached over, knowing it was urgent otherwise Jay would have never called, especially tonight.

Ariella’s heart raced.

“Is Eli okay?” She asked as she slid off Dalton and sat next to him. She watched as the color drained from Dalton’s face as he listened to his father.

“I will be right there” He said and hung up.

“What happened? Is Elisha okay?”

“Eli is fine.” Dalton said as he ran his hands through his hair.

“One of the company’s airplanes, it was carrying medical supplies and a team of doctors to Africa, crashed. No one survived.”

“Oh god” Ariella gasped.

“Not only that; it crashed in a residential area in Nigeria” Dalton stated as he got up and buttoned his shirt. He paused and looked at Ariella.

“Ari, I am sorry. I…”

“No, go. We need to head back to Boston or you are going to the office here?”

“Dad is going to handle everything here at the headquarters. I need to leave for Africa. They need a company head there to handle everything, the press and all the formalities.”

Ariella’s heart sank. She knew this was his company and he needed to leave but the thought of him going for an undetermined length of time twisted her heart.

“I promise I will make this up to you” Dalton said as he helped her out of the bed.

Ariella watched as the private jet raced across the runway and lifted in to the air. Dalton had told her to stay home but she had come to see him off. She wiped a tear that had trailed down her cheek and got into the waiting car.